Turn on thread page Beta

What's your BMI and does it "match you" ? watch

ReputationRep:

When my GP measured me, she said I was a bit light, but nothing unusual because BMI doesn't take into account ethnicity (I'm Chinese) and muscle weight.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft4 and my bmi's 20.8, i'm ok with it but I kinda wish it was lower.

ReputationRep:
    Supposedly my BMI is bordering overweight, at 24.4. Yet I actually want to put weight on. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Im 19 and quite skinny with some curves but not very toned

Edit: BMI is 19, im 21

ReputationRep:
    Muscle weighs more than fat so whilst you may not actually look fat, if you're muscly and with a sixpack then that's probably why you're BMI is high.

Last time I checked I was 18-25, 23 to be exact! Even though my weight according to BMI is normal, I'm not happy with it, and I want to lose some weight.

I'm currently 5ft 3.5in and 9st 6lbs, I'd have to be 10st 3lbs to be considered overweight so that brings a little comfort to me to know that I'm more than 7lbs away from being overweight. Still I'd like my weight to be no more than 9st preferably.

ReputationRep:
    17.6. It's a bit out, I look thinner than that as my frame is a bit larger.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's right in the middle of the normal range. Which is fine, but my body fat is 26% according to a website someone posted earlier :/

Really need to do some more excersize. Another project for my gap year!

ReputationRep:
    15.8.. perhaps it fits me :/

ReputationRep:
    Apparently my BMI is 18.1 with a fat percentage of 14.9% - it says I'm an athlete. I'm really not. Unless there's such a thing as a food athlete.. :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    BMI isn't a very accurate way to measure whether you are fit and healthy or not. Take me, my stats are 5ft 8", 180lbs and according to a BMI calculator I am 28.2 which is "overweight".

Now perhaps based on my height that is overweight compared to the average, however I am an athlete. I play rugby where I play either as a centre or on the wing, so I am very physically fit, strong and muscularly built. So I wouldn't read too much into BMI. I'd probably look more into your body fat levels, mine is approx 12%. That is probably a better indicator as to how healthy you are rather than BMI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith Lemon)
    Mine is 31. something, but i play rugby and gym a lot, I'm not fat, just get described as big, being 6,6ft, and 18st something
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Height: 5' 8 (1.73 m)

Weight: 55 kg

BMI: 18.4

Even though I don't look skinny at all

ReputationRep:
    BMI is a ridiculous measure of how healthy someone is

ReputationRep:
    17,3 and no im not underweight im fine for my height and bone structure.. ive been the same weight for years and i dont watch what i eat at all and i hardly do any exercise..

ReputationRep:
    Height: 5' 7
    BMI: 21
    Body fat %: 19.9

Unfortunately that 19% of fat sits on my arse/hips/boobs :/

ReputationRep:
    BMI 31
    Height 6'3

ReputationRep:
    My BMI is around 25, I'm 5ft tall and a size 10, although I am quite curvy.Not one person I know says I look fat.Yet my BMI is on the borderline of being overweight.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is 21... I don't do ANY sport or exercise besides walking to get everywhere. I'm just normally slim. Some people thing I'm curvy and some people think i'm skinny. :-/

ReputationRep:

High metabolism :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger-man)

High metabolism :yep:
    No you do not have a high metabolism, unless you are an athlete.

Skinny people are skinny as they don't eat enough food, they always give "Oh I eat so much" but they don't really unless they are marvels of science.

My BMI is 37.5

6'1 and 284lbs

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.