The Student Room Group

What do you think of guys who never visit the gym?

Just wondering. Does it put you off that a guy never goes to the gym and pulls weights/works out? The guy is not fat or anything, he just doesn't have the typically buffed up gym body and would rather spend his time doing other things.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They're probably either virgins, or haven't got time for that gym 'tosh' because they're too busy knocking one out over the conservatives.
Can't afford it, lazy git, doesn't care about image.... etc etc
Personally I'm going through a phase of loving the 'buffed up' body type, which sucks because guys like that are generally out of my league...
However in the past, it hasn't put me off, and I'm sure most other girls wouldn't care either.
I would think he is letting down the Fatherland and must be eliminated for the glory of the race. Alternatively, I wouldn't really care.
I'd prefer it.
Reply 6
I think I'm fine this way tyvm :colonhash:

I'd take outdoor cycling over those stationary bikes any day.

..except maybe in winter :redface:
Reply 7
I didn't work out for a long time and the girls don't care. Sometimes they pretend they care, but really, they don't.
expecting guys to be all buffed up is like expecting the girl to have the perfect body, perky bums, nice boobs. it's just not really realistic at all.
Reply 9
Original post by JCC-MGS
I would think he is letting down the Fatherland and must be eliminated for the glory of the race. Alternatively, I wouldn't really care.

Ja, das is gut, seig heil!!
Ha, this is me. going to the gym is a massive effort.
Tbh I think I would be a bit of a hypocrite if I was bothered about how much a guy goes to the gym when I am lazy as hell myself
Reply 12
As a guy who has never once been to the gym in his life I can say that it has never been a point of concern for girls I've been with. Ok so my body is pretty meh, I'm not fat, I have a really good lucking face and I'm tall. I dont need to go to the gym.

I cant afford it and I hate exercise. I dont need to overcompensate.
Reply 13
I been going gym since 2007. To be honest, I feel like it's a waste of money, although I only pay £15/month. To me, it's just a hobby and it's better then staying at home doing nothing.

I have seen no improvement in my fitness level and don't see any change in my body, maybe slightly more toned compared to 2007.

I usually do the same routine every time at the gym, maybe that's why I am bored of it.
Oh yeah, I forgot that all exercise must be conducted within in a gym. It's the law!
Reply 15
Original post by VivaLatzy
They're probably either virgins, or haven't got time for that gym 'tosh' because they're too busy knocking one out over the conservatives.

utter ****e
Reply 16
I've never been to the gym in my life. I prefer to get all my exercise playing sport and as long as I'm fit enough to compete in this way I don't see the need to go to a gym.

I would go to the gym if I thought it could really take my sporting perfomance to another level. I wouldn't spend my time in the gym to try and impress anyone but myself.
Reply 17
I find people who go to the gym very often a little bit pathetic really.
Reply 18
I wouldnt care one single teeny bit.
Meh, i'm too busy studying and/or in a coffee shop to be bothered with something as trivial as lifting weights. I'd rather exercise my mind than my body.

Quick Reply

Latest