Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of guys who never visit the gym? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Disco)
    That's fine. Going to the gym does not make you inherently evil. People who go to the gym every day simply to look 'hench' just evoke feelings of pity.

Perhaps I am somewhat guilty of insincerity by mirroring the unwarranted arrogance and superiority of these chaps in order to rile them.

That said, there is something incredibly, well, gay about going to the gym too often.
    I've never heard such utter rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    I've never heard such utter rubbish.
    Sorry, was I not entitled to say that it seems gay?

Personally, I find a room full of semi naked men sweating and grunting very ****ing gay.

But next time I'll be sure to contact you in order to make sure that my opinion correlates with yours.

ReputationRep:

Personally, I find a room full of semi naked men sweating and grunting very ****ing gay.

But next time I'll be sure to contact you in order to make sure that my opinion correlates with yours.
    And you think changing rooms after sports matches full of sweaty guys, who will shower together naked, is not gay? At least be consistent with your views.

Semi-naked - yeah because wearing a t-shirt and shorts/trackies is semi-naked. :rolleyes:

And they breath loudly because they're lifting big and exerting a lot of effort. It actually helps to lift that bit more if you have correct breathing. Only occasionally do you come across someone who grunts loudly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    And you think changing rooms after sports matches full of sweaty guys, who will shower together naked, is not gay? At least be consistent with your views.

Semi-naked - yeah because wearing a t-shirt and shorts/trackies is semi-naked. :rolleyes:

And they breath loudly because they're lifting big and exerting a lot of effort. It actually helps to lift that bit more if you have correct breathing. Only occasionally do you come across someone who grunts loudly.
    When did I say that showering together naked is not gay? Don't make up things that I have said.

There's a lot of man flesh and a lot of grunting. It all seems very gay and I want no part in it. I have better and less gay things to do with my time.

Is that ok with you?

Also, no football or cricket team I have ever been a part of has ever hosted communal showering. Possibly in rugby; less a sport and more a thinly veiled excuse for homoerotic behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god.. going to gym is like fashion nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    What's up with the notion that going to a gym is all about getting bigger?

I think the 'big' look is stupid. If I were to go to the gym, I would go to get fit.

ReputationRep:
    How 'buffed up' are we talking here? I have never been to the gym, but I have been told I am still fairly muscular. I think some expectations are just a bit unfair/unrealistic. It would be like expecting a girl to have the perfect body - it's just being a tad too fussy.

ReputationRep:
    nothing since they arent guys.........they're *******s

ReputationRep:
    Going to the gym doesn't make your **** bigger.

ReputationRep:
    That's fine. Going to the gym does not make you inherently evil. People who go to the gym every day simply to look 'hench' just evoke feelings of pity.

Perhaps I am somewhat guilty of insincerity by mirroring the unwarranted arrogance and superiority of these chaps in order to rile them.

That said, there is something incredibly, well, gay about going to the gym too often.
    LOL, stfu.

You need to get a life, stop trying to be a patronising ******* on the internet.

No one cares.

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of man flesh and a lot of grunting. It all seems very gay and I want no part in it. I have better and less gay things to do with my time.
    I couldn't care less if someone is gay or not, but I do find the kind of repressed homosexuality you exhibit particularly irksome.
    Sounds like you're the one with repressed homosexuality. You're obviously trying very hard indeed to repress it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    You don't need to visit a gym to keep fit. :facepalm:

Remember Rocky?
    That's hot.

Deeply inspirational films such as 'No Retreat No Surrender' have taught me the futility of visiting gyms. All you need to reach peak physical fitness is bro to sit on your crotch while you lift him up and down with your pelvis... In a most hetrosexual manner...

ReputationRep:

if you're threatened by a bunch of guys who you may think will want to rape you, you're very insecure about your manhood and I bet you are longing for some gayboy action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    if you're threatened by a bunch of guys who you may think will want to rape you, you're very insecure about your manhood and I bet you are longing for some gayboy action.
    I think it says something about his level of fitness (and appearance) that just the idea of sweating around men is some horrendous gay nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    Why go to the gym though? (actually serious question) ... other than to feel better about yourself.

If you dont do a sport that requires bulk, why spend money just to have bigger muscles than someone else? Go for a run, you will look much better toned, than big!

And if you go to the gym to run or cycle....what is wrong with outside? That is all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VivaLatzy)
    They're probably either virgins, or haven't got time for that gym 'tosh' because they're too busy knocking one out over the conservatives.
    this. I only date fit guys. When you see a weedy guy you know they have no sexual experience whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    You can get the image without going to the gym

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't bother me at all. Besides, since when is just going to the gym the only way to keep fit? But if you mean not being sporty in general (but not fat or anything, as the OP pointed out), then I don't see the issue tbh. I'd probably be intrigued to find out about what other things he does and his interests...

I think it's time you took a long and hard look at your sexuality because the above posts reeks of insecurity. There's absolutely no need to hide in the closet and insult others simply because you are too afraid that working out next to a guy who simply doesn't find you attractive might awaken your homosexual desires. There's nothing wrong with being gay so stop hiding and embrace it. Ok?

There's absolutely nothing gay about working out in the gym so stop using that ridiculous notion to hide your insecurity.

And to those that think you can work out outside of the gym. Well here's a thought, there are some work outs that people can't or don't want to do outside. No one has said you absolutely need the gym to be fit but it's probably a good idea to think of the logic in posting rocky training videos while ignoring that running and cardio are only one out about a hundred different work out programs that can't be done outside.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.