Turn on thread page Beta

What do you think of guys who never visit the gym? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Disco)
    Also, no football or cricket team I have ever been a part of has ever hosted communal showering. Possibly in rugby; less a sport and more a thinly veiled excuse for homoerotic behaviour.
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelkeira)
    Personally I'm going through a phase of loving the 'buffed up' body type, which sucks because guys like that are generally out of my league...
    However in the past, it hasn't put me off, and I'm sure most other girls wouldn't care either.
    Er what?

Leauges of people are nonsense!!!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care.

Everyone is different and enjoys doing different things. I don't go to the gym, but I like yoga. Other people don't like yoga and prefer to do photography....and others don't like the gym, yoga or photography and do bird watching. Do I care? No!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gilesthewhale)
    When you see a weedy guy you know they have no sexual experience whatsoever.
    lol wut?

people really think this? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    That's hot.

Deeply inspirational films such as 'No Retreat No Surrender' have taught me the futility of visiting gyms. All you need to reach peak physical fitness is bro to sit on your crotch while you lift him up and down with your pelvis... In a most hetrosexual manner...

Nice. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OBAG09L)
    I would go to the gym if I thought it could really take my sporting perfomance to another level. I wouldn't spend my time in the gym to try and impress anyone but myself.
    It can.

People (guys) go gym to either improve their looks, or improve their performance at their activity/sport.

I think all guys should have some sort of sport really so they should want to improve.
    And of course, appearance is important too in this society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    expecting guys to be all buffed up is like expecting the girl to have the perfect body, perky bums, nice boobs. it's just not really realistic at all.
    Used all my rep on one thread.

Anyway I agree with this. I do some mediocre weights, and try and look after myself, but basically I have no desire to be a tank (or at least put in the effort required to be).

I'm happy that I am reasonably fit, not even podgy, and am reasonably toned.

ReputationRep:
    Lifting weights can be part of a healthy lifestyle, I'm just curious how many in this thread (girls for example) know that muscles might not = a pinnacle of health.

A lot of my friends work out and are buffed/cut. They would die during a pickup game of basketball though...

My hat off to the dudes that have the dedication to work on their physique though. That stuff ain't easy to stick with.

P.S. Am I reading this wrong, or is this thread a day old... yet has 12 pages?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't give a tiny rat's ass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    expecting guys to be all buffed up is like expecting the girl to have the perfect body, perky bums, nice boobs. it's just not really realistic at all.
    Unless you take steroids. Better question for all ladies. How do you feel about your boyfriend injecting 1ml of testosterone into his ass cheeks weekly?

Cause if he's not doing that chances are he won't get very buff at all.

ReputationRep:
    That's fine. I only go to the gym to top up on work out for real sport - swimming and running.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveBwfc)
    Why go to the gym though? (actually serious question) ... other than to feel better about yourself.

If you dont do a sport that requires bulk, why spend money just to have bigger muscles than someone else? Go for a run, you will look much better toned, than big!

And if you go to the gym to run or cycle....what is wrong with outside? That is all
    Bulking isn't the only thing that lifting can achieve. Strength is a component of fitness which is incredibly underrated by most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith Lemon)
    Chill out, you ****ing prick.
    Learn to spell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    if you're threatened by a bunch of guys who you may think will want to rape you, you're very insecure about your manhood and I bet you are longing for some gayboy action.
    It's just not a place I would choose to be. The reason for this is because I have no love for sweaty grunting men.

If I was actually insecure about my manhood this would probably manifest itself by my spending hours in the gym attempting to make myself look more physically intimidating.

But I'm not, so I do something more fun instead.

BYE BYE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMorgan26)
    Sounds like you're the one with repressed homosexuality. You're obviously trying very hard indeed to repress it.
    Yes, I repress my homosexuality by avoiding places that are inherently gay.

Like gay orgies, and gyms.

ReputationRep:
    Well I got a license for these bad boys so I gotta maintain it. Hey what way to the BEACH? j/k I do it to build strength for other sports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captshiznit)
    Unless you take steroids. Better question for all ladies. How do you feel about your boyfriend injecting 1ml of testosterone into his ass cheeks weekly?

Cause if he's not doing that chances are he won't get very buff at all.
    No wonder you got a 2.2 in your Biology degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Disco)
    It's just not a place I would choose to be. The reason for this is because I have no love for sweaty grunting men.

If I was actually insecure about my manhood this would probably manifest itself by my spending hours in the gym attempting to make myself look more physically intimidating.

But I'm not, so I do something more fun instead.

BYE BYE
    uh huh

and what happens when those BIG BAD men decide to take your wallet? or rape your Gf in front of you? Dare I say you might run squealing for the hills less you hear some grunting noises?

ReputationRep:
    People forget that intensively lifting weights burns a LOT of calories. More than running or cycling.

I don't do any sport. I go to the gym to lose weight, gain fitness and build strength. Building muscle's a nice bonus.

ReputationRep:
    I really couldn't care less.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.