Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of guys who never visit the gym? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    Fair enough, we agree to disagree. Personally I get bored if I go to the gym and would rather do some kind of sport, not simply a quick game of football, to keep fit (which I don't actually do, hehe, but will do in the future)

To your last point what if they were both physically fit but only one goes to the gym?
    They will have different physiques probably, and i'd hedge bets on gym-going boy having more muscle definition depending on his workout regime. Muscle definition is hot (until it hits the sort of extreme levels you see in bodybuilding) so i'd probably plump for the one who went to the gym.

Hard to tell though without actually having such a situation stare you in the face.

As for the gym - yes it's pretty dull but i like to switch up my routine by alternating classes between spinning, zumba, body combat etc as well as trying to do things in a different order each time when it comes to machines like steppers, cross trainers and rowers. That and the post-workout health suite session is motivation enough for me. Mmmmmmm, hot tub

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisismycatch22)
    Clearly. I was under the impression that someone disappointed by the lack of new information would, you know, say that. Or similar. Not just "that's a credible source" and nothing else, implying the information is not reliable, not that it was unoriginal. I guess I don't understand "lying moron" as well as I thought after all. Give me a refresher class after you return from your trip up your own ********, will you?

No, see, I don't think you were. I think you genuinely meant it, and now you're pretending you didn't. There was nothing in your tone to imply you didn't genuinely believe what you said. The tone was juvenile because you and the sentiments contained in those posts are juvenile. Even a professional pompous ass would realise they sounded like a tit looking up "grunting sweaty men" in the thesaurus for another childish over-embellished post, and you're just a gifted amateur.

well, for a start, "comprehensive skills" refers to skills that are widely encompassing, not skills of comprehension.

Don't know about that, I was spot on about you being too insecure to actually go, wasn't I?

Now you're boring me, so I'm not going to bother replying anymore. And I, unlike you, mean it. So, to sum up:

1. You're a dickless homophobe who doesn't even have the courage to stand by your own bigotry.
    2. Using words you don't understand doesn't make you sound clever to anyone who actually has a degree.
    3. Don't link your ****ty blog if you don't want people to be able to see you really have no grounds questioning anyone's exercise routines, when your personal appearance indicates posting on TSR is the extent of yours. An unkind person would share that personal embarassment of yours with the thread. An alternative would be not linking your ****ty blog to your real life identity; I'd probably go for both, as I really wouldn't want to be associated with either.

Before replying, please see 1 and 2 above again if there's any confusion. I think any answer I give beyond that would be superfluous and pandering to your pathetic attempts to backpedal. Toodles, Sir Twinkalot. Be careful not to catch the gay, I know it's scary being around sweating and grunting men but I'm sure you can control yourself if you try.
    Marks deducted for:

1. Repetition

2. A misrepresentation (presumably deliberate) of my point. I said: "That seems like a credible source." You misquoted me, ignoring the "that seems" in order to ignore the fact that I saw the article as irrelevant to the topic at hand and had no intention of reading it.

3. Persisting in suggesting that I am homophobic, whilst being unable to offer a response to my explanation as to the fact that the comments were facetious, and my highlighting the linguistic markers which indicated them as such. Again, I suspect that you are being dishonest here.

4. Confusing "exercise routines" in general with "going to the gym" specifically. Clearly I have no problem with the former. Dishonest. Again.

5. Confusing "verbiage" with "grammar".

6. Behaving like a stalker.

7. The suggestion that I am unhappy with my physical appearance, or indeed health in general. The threat is idle.

8. Confusing (presumably deliberately) my assertion that I was done with the thread content with the non existent threat that I would not respond to baseless personal attacks.

The splattering of swearwords with which you litter your post fails to disguise your fundamental dishonesty and incoherence.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise so many guys went to the gym until I joined TSR :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Yes, there are other ways to excercise but there is something about going to the gym that shows a drive. Anyone can turn up and play a quick game of footy or pound a few pavements for an hour but going to the gym shows a desire to want to be better at whatever it is you do, or a drive to achieve a target. And that's pretty hot.
    Cardio > weights, but cardio + weights > weights alone.

It might not be so hot after you two get frisky and he's tired after 5 minutes. Or... the pair could get reeeally good at being reeeallly fast.

For the dudes that do nothing but lift: don't forget to look after the 'ol heart muscle too.

ReputationRep:
    I only go to the gym to go swimming, I have been in the main gym bit a few times but I'm not overly bothered, if I wanted to lift weights I'd probably just buy some and do it at home rather than having to drive across town to do it. I go cycling a lot and have toned arms/legs but a bit of a belly, so it's not like I am majorly unfit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VivaLatzy)
    They're probably either virgins, or haven't got time for that gym 'tosh' because they're too busy knocking one out over the conservatives.

Hey there...:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Id prefer a guy that did like outside exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaSquirrel)
    Cardio > weights, but cardio + weights > weights alone.

It might not be so hot after you two get frisky and he's tired after 5 minutes. Or... the pair could get reeeally good at being reeeallly fast.

For the dudes that do nothing but lift: don't forget to look after the 'ol heart muscle too.
    I went to Loughborough...prettttyyyyyy sure I should know workout related information like this already. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Disco)
    -
    F-uck off you patronising ********.

Jump off your high horse, get a life and stop marking peoples posts, people like you are the kind of person I'd happily punch.

You're an annoying prick.

ReputationRep:
    Gym? What about basketball, rowing, rugby etc........ plainly going to gym is dull

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    I went to Loughborough...prettttyyyyyy sure I should know workout related information like this already. :cool:
    I'm from the US. Nooooo idea what that is. :confused:

Seriously though, 2/3rds of my friends that work out do weights only. None of those 2/3rds could complete a run or a game of whatever. They were buff but they had the stamina of a hamster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith Lemon)
    F-uck off you patronising ********.

Jump off your high horse, get a life and stop marking peoples posts, people like you are the kind of person I'd happily punch.

You're an annoying prick.
    I'm going to assume I have won.

ReputationRep:
    not really.

you havent replied back to my argument. hm i wonder why:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by int92)
    not really.

you havent replied back to my argument. hm i wonder why:rolleyes:
    Not going to bother looking back. No doubt your argument was so powerful that I literally could not respond to it.

ReputationRep:
    Won what?

An award for being a prick?

ReputationRep:
    Won what?

An award for being a prick?
    You showed me!

ReputationRep:
    You showed me!
    Stfu.

ReputationRep:
    Stfu.
    It feels like you're Lionel Messi and I'm Radhi Jaidi.

ReputationRep:
    It feels like you're Lionel Messi and I'm Radhi Jaidi.
    ??

ReputationRep:
    Why would I visit the gym when I can run cycle etc. outside?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.