The Student Room Group

What do you think of guys who never visit the gym?

Scroll to see replies

i would never let my boyfriend go to the gym... i like my cuddly snuggles :smile:
You don't need to visit a gym to keep fit. :facepalm:

Remember Rocky?
Reply 22
Original post by wactm
As a guy who has never once been to the gym in his life I can say that it has never been a point of concern for girls I've been with. Ok so my body is pretty meh, I'm not fat, I have a really good lucking face and I'm tall. I dont need to go to the gym.

I cant afford it and I hate exercise. I dont need to overcompensate.

Russell Brand?
Original post by Young Spade
Meh, i'm too busy studying and/or in a coffee shop to be bothered with something as trivial as lifting weights. I'd rather exercise my mind than my body.

Well actually you stand to gain a lot, in terms of mental ability (greater cerebral blood flow), from exercise.
Reply 24
Doesn't bother me. I know plenty of guys that don't go to the gym, and they are still pretty good looking. As long as they are in shape and still relatively attractive, I don't see how going to the gym would make a difference. I'm not particularly into huge muscles anyway, don't get me wrong, I like tone and some muscle, but I've seen lots of guys who go to the gym that have just taken it too far.
i cant go the gym lol if i go the gym casue of how broad my shoulders are ill look like a tank....

i dont wanna look like a tank:frown:
Reply 26
Original post by VivaLatzy
They're probably either virgins, or haven't got time for that gym 'tosh' because they're too busy knocking one out over the conservatives.

Wat.

Anyway OP, I don't go to the gym; there are other forms of exercising if people choose to. I played football up until recently. I don't think anyone would care unless you turn into a fat blob.
Original post by Mr Disco
I find people who go to the gym very often a little bit pathetic really.

Define very often.

This has the potential to be the dumbest thing I've read all week.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
I don't go to the gym. I bought gym equipment and have it in my room at home. Not as high quality as in the gym, but better than nothing. Reason for that is I work 5 days a week and can't go gym those days. So, often do some exercise and workouts at home. In the long term it is also cheaper for someone who is not that much into building muscles, but into just staying fit.
bncx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by FinalFlash
Define very often.

This has the potential to be the most dumbest thing I've read all week.

How many times a week do you train Vegeta?
Reply 31
Original post by FinalFlash
Define very often.

This has the potential to be the most dumbest thing I've read all week.

The irony.
Original post by OBAG09L
The irony.

Thanks for pointing that out. I have my moments to. :colondollar:
You really have too much time on your hands if you sit around pondering such pointless questions as this. Who even thinks of this crap anyway? Girls don't give a **** about such minor details and if they do, they're not worth knowing as they will be the same as same as you, full of idiocy.
Reply 34
People who don't go to the gym don't necessarily not care about image, they're just happy enough the way they are or aren't wanting/willing to change it simply for other people's visual pleasure...
Reply 35
Getting buff/toned doesn't help you with the ladies as much as you'd have thought. I've known guys who've put on loads of muscle, but fared no better with girls than they did before.
Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering. Does it put you off that a guy never goes to the gym and pulls weights/works out? The guy is not fat or anything, he just doesn't have the typically buffed up gym body and would rather spend his time doing other things.

Well what does this guy who doesn't go to the gym do in terms of activity?

Are you talking about a guy who is simply unathletic and doesn't do any regular physical activity or a guy who just doesn't go to the gym and stays active otherwise?

Most gyms are full of wannable meatheads rather than actually "buffed up" people and even then, a lot of the latter are quite unfit and unathletic and simply work on the beach muscles.

I personally know a lot of girls who are much more into the athletic look rather than the large biceps but skinny legs look that a lot of wannabe meatheads have. To be honest, it looks pretty stupid.
Reply 37
I've had cubital tunnel syndrome since last July after joining a gym and overdoing it for a week. Do not join the gym!
Reply 38
If you go to the gym, you're more likely to be in better shape and look better, so obviously it makes a difference, to initial attraction at least.

Original post by LetoKynes
I think I'm fine this way tyvm :colonhash:

I'd take outdoor cycling over those stationary bikes any day.

..except maybe in winter :redface:

Speak for yourself bru.lol

Quick Reply

Latest