Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Skinny and without much equipment, help? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, so this is my first TSR thread. I basically need some advice from those of you in the know about muscle building.

I'm of slim build, and i am looking to build up muscle, mainly around my chest area. The problem i have at the moment is that the only equipment i have is a set of dumbbells. I cant afford to go to a gym, and i cant afford a bench.
    So how the hell do i gain muscle on the chest?.

I would also appreciate some basic tips on diet (no supplements), how often to train, and what exercises to do?.

Thanks for your time.

Hopefully with your help i will soon be shouting HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS.

ReputationRep:
    Diet tip - eat shed loads of protein and everything else TBH

read the stickies though, all the info you need is there.

I am sure this question or a similar one has been asked before, your best bet is to find that and read those answers

ReputationRep:
    Lie flat on your back with your arms out wide, sort of like jesus on the cross, hold a dumbbell in each hand and bring your hands, with arms fully extended all the way, to meet in the middle then lower them down to the sides again, don't bend your arms at all, this is a chest fly and will build chest muscle, also try push ups, I started doing about 500 a day just when it's convenient and whilst they don't so much build muscle, they help maintain it. It's a shame you can't get a bench because that would seem the best way to bulky chest muscle. Another exercise you can do it lie flat on your back, arms bent at a 90 degree angle so that your triceps are along the ground, but your arms are bent at the elbow, then lift the dumbbells in a bench press style, this will work your core as well as your chest as you try to move both dumbbells up and down in parallel with each other.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.