Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, a friend of mine and me are going to Japan this June or July for some time (no idea how long yet). We got some mutual Japanese friends who will be in Japan at the time, so we should find a lot of stuff to do.

Anyway, I thought you guys might have ideas as well. But please bare in mind the following:

- I don't care about anime/manga
    - It doesn't matter which parts of the country it is, we got time and money on our hands.
    - We love drinking
    - No wellness ideas please or overly cultural stuff like beautiful temples. Rather something 'fun'.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I went for just over a week, and spent the whole time in Tokyo. I loved a lot of the cultural stuff so had a fantastic day exploring the massive park and temples in Ueno and also the massive temple in Asakusa. Ueno park does has a very decent zoo (compared to the stories I've heard about other Asian zoos) and there are some nice bars and restaurants towards the station too. Shinjuku was also fantastic for places to eat and drink, massively youthful area that I imagine would have a lot to do in the evening.

What is definitely worth a look, and sadly I didn't realise until the last night, is the Tokyo Bay area. Massive shopping centres and some amazing stuff like the Sega Joypolis was absolutely fantastic and sort of what I imagined all of Tokyo to be like.

Sorry I can't really give you advice about any places outside Tokyo.

ReputationRep:
    Just stay in Tokyo. You can go to Yokohama one day, the Chinatown there is quite funky.
    When I was in Tokyo, I stayed there for 7 weeks (language program) and not once did I get bored. It's really a great place. Shopping in Shinjuku, cafe in Harajuku, crazy people in Akihabara... And tons of bars, though I didn't visit any.
    You can walk over the whole city in a day (I did that once because I wanted to go to every book-off shop there was. x))
    Maybe you can go to Mt Fuji too? It's a day walk to get to the top and back down, but I found it worth it. And then there's an amazing theme park called Fuji-Kyu highland right next to it. I loved it, scariest haunted house in the world + the most epic rollercoaster (only 2 of them like that in the world I think, one being this one and the other in the States.)

Love Japan. <3 Hope you like it just as much. I'm sort of jealous now. x)

ReputationRep:
    There's an amazing theme park in Japan called Fuji-Q Highland. Right beside Mount Fuji, so you could spend a couple of days there, it'd be fun.

ReputationRep:
    ~Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building - The best look out in Tokyo.
    ~Tokyo Imperial Palace East Garden - Excellent gardens next to Palace.
    ~Sensoji Temple Asakusa - Great temple & garden
    ~Odaiba - Including Rainbow Bridge & Venus Fort shopping centre.
    ~Shibuya - The place to see & buy Tokyo fashion.
    ~Harajuku - May be the hottest fashion place in Tokyo.
    ~Meiji Jingu Shrine - Actively used shrine in Yoyogi Park.
    ~Ueno Park - Easy to reach & fantastic in cherry blossom season.
    ~Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden - Mixture of European & Japanese.
    ~Akihabara - Tokyo's "Electric Town"

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.