Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rangu2011)
    Hey

Im making the point that, British guys and girls start to have sex from a very young age. (same in America, most western countries, not Asia).

Why is this? Why dont they respect their bodies and others?

It is like behaving like animals!

Asian girls for example, get married at about 25 and THEN have sex. If this British system was in Asia, parents would have killed their kids.

Yeah, of course, not every British is like that and not every Asian is behaved when it comes to sex.

Why is this. Teenage girls have sex frequently, like Asians have a bath.

The common issue with a British 17 year old may be: " I haven't had sex... "
    Common issue with relation to an Asian "Dear, Im pregnant, what if others find out"

I respect the many good attributes of British people. But this is a downfall.

WHY IS THIS? SEX SEX SEX
    so what about British Asians?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what you've been reading dude, but most youths have pre-maritial sex in rural India.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty wild for an Asian then.

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Incase you haven't noticed, OP - Asia is by FAR the most densely populated continent on the planet. So to make a sweeping generalisation; Asians are at it like rabbits.

ReputationRep:
    Well we know why this is the case:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwbc_v1xBAU&feature=fvst

I've found that growing up in the UK, this is the case. A lot of incompetent parents.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of Asian cultures have arranged marriages, and an awful lot of them are inbreeding/incest, now THAT is animal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomas...)
    A lot of Asian cultures have arranged marriages, and an awful lot of them are inbreeding/incest, now THAT is animal.
    Quite honestly, I feel for the OP, even though I don't think the post was made out in entirely the best manner. It takes a fine line to be able to grow up or integrate into English society whilst trying to retain some of your past without ending up an outcast. All of the asians I know either rejected their parents' wishes completely or went with it the whole way, there's almost noone who can keep a balance because it's so hard to achieve.

Although I like how the entire eastern world's attitude to sex is taken to be similar when it really isn't. Islamic culture has a lot of differences compared to, say, Chinese or Indian, but the French or German attitude to sex isn't all that different from the English. Lol @ a lot of Asians commit incest. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Im making the point that, British guys and girls start to have sex from a very young age. (same in America, most western countries, not Asia).

Asian girls for example, get married at about 25 and THEN have sex. If this British system was in Asia, parents would have killed their kids.

Yeah, of course, not every British is like that and not every Asian is behaved when it comes to sex.

Common issue with relation to an Asian "Dear, Im pregnant, what if others find out"

WHY IS THIS? SEX SEX SEX
    because we are animals idiot

ReputationRep:
    Hey

WHY IS THIS? SEX SEX SEX
    I'd rather be part of a society in which people consent to safe sex at a younger age than one where parents kill their children for pride and reputation. If you don't like it then piss off

ReputationRep:
    Im Asian and I think youre full of **** x

ReputationRep:
    I swear to god this Health & Relationships forum has some permanent vendetta against Asians.

ReputationRep:
    love how the asian ****s have come out in full force showing how they lvoe sex x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
    love how the asian ****s have come out in full force showing how they lvoe sex x

dont hate just because your mum and dad are brothers x

ReputationRep:
    Hey

WHY IS THIS? SEX SEX SEX

It's called a healthy attitude towards our bodies, biology, instincts and such developed from a liberal and (mostly) rational culture developed from centuries of scientific and philosophical enlightenment in Europe which could be argued to stem somewhat the Renaissance when European thinkers began to realise that not only could knowledge surpass that held by the classical ancients of Greece and Rome but also that Europe had in fact already surpassed the ancient thinkers in that regard.

Throw in increased prosperity and social mobility interfacing with the more critical and introspective nature of the new Protestantism and you get more free thinking people who were less concerned about blindly obeying illogical and unreasoned cultural and religious dogmas and much happier to live and let live.

Of course that was a pretty basic and un-refined hypothesis but all round my conclusion is thus:

The problem isn't with British people (BTW if you're born here, raised here and have British citizenship welcome to the club, you are also British!) but with everyone else.

P.S. Nice troll. 5/10

ReputationRep:
    Really? That's your reply? I'm kinda happy because that obviously means you have nothing intelligent to add

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    So if I'm angry at someone, my adrenaline rises, I should get into a fight with them, because that's what my hormones are telling me to do? I'm sure you've been angry before. You've felt the urge to punch someone in the face. Yet you don't, even though that person may be much weaker than you, it could be a girl. You "disregard your body's hormones".

We're humans. We're intelligent. That means that just because we have a natural instinct to do something, doesn't mean we should just do it. We are blessed with the intelligence to weigh the pros and cons, THEN we do or don't do a certain thing.

You say that people who wait till marriage feel self-righteous, but people who have sex before seem to feel just as self-righteous about losing their virginity early as well, looking down upon virgins as if there's something wrong with them and making fun of them.

It's all well and good using a condom, never get pregnant, STDs, etc. completely safe! No, it's not 100% effective, first of all. Yeah it's a small chance something should go wrong, but if it does, you're left with a child. Think about it, you've created a human life by accident, which odds are you probably don't want. But you can't exchange babies for something else at some shop, they're with you for life, you have to support them, maybe even take care of them, etc. and why? Because you couldn't keep your legs closed.

People in asia have the same urges as people over here. The only difference is that society allows casual sex here, whilst over there it is heavily frowned upon, among other things. Like I've said, both societies have their up- and down-sides.

Don't go accusing people of being self-righteous and feeling superior just because they've chosen to wait until they're married to have sex
    Your right in that we can disregard our instincts for commen sense and decency but since when is punching someone akin to having sex with them? Sex doesn't hurt anyone (unless its rape or your just into that sort of ****) whereas punching someone inflicts pain on someone else. We're also not biologically wired into needing to punch people for the expansion of our species, it is a completely different biological desire based on entirely different hormones.

Also I doubt many people have sex solely so that they can look down on others. I never accused people of being self-righteous just because they wish to wait until marriage, I'm accusing the ones who do it and then look down from their self-proclaimed pedestal on people who don't want to wait of self-righteousness. Not everyone wants to live their life the same way, yet the OP seems to try and villify the people who do not share her morals. She's implicitly saying that the way she lives her life is right, western culture is wrong and we should try and be more like - self-righteous bull****.

I Just re-read my first post. It said "... just so that they can feel a sense of self-righteousness based on what other people think of them." I did not accuse them of being self-righteous I said they do it because they want others to think better of them, which is true.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Asian, Indian, and have had sex before, with an Asian, Pakistani girl :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Who gives a ****? I could pick an arbitrary age higher than your culture's and subsequently criticise yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moaty...it's gazza)
    Because humans have evolved to procreate sexually and therefore we have been biologically wired to want (need?) sex. Yes it's behaving like animals but that is exactly what we are. We are no better than them and it is quite elitist that you think humans are; solely because we are more intelligent. Waiting til marriage to have sex is the most unnatural thing humans do, it involves intentionally disregarding our bodies' hormones so that we can feel some sort of self-righteousness based on how much we care about what others think of us. The only reason people have sex for pleasure instead of procreation is because we have no need to increase our species numbers. We are the dominant species on our planet with no natural predators, however this hasn't changed the fact that we instintively need to have sex for our own well-being. Only having sex with one person in our lifetime also goes against our instincts.
    Probably one of the best posts i have seen on TSR...

ReputationRep:
    Different cultures have different rules and different behaviours, however if you point them out that is racist.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.