Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    xx
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Shut up nick back on the hook you go.

Or would it better to describe him as the Tory shield?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not falling for this :

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by kevin6767)
    It isn't so much a coalition as it is a hostage situation.
    Hes free to leave. Of course were he to do that he would be shot.

ReputationRep:
    Comment from the New Statesman article:

"Why are the students angry with you, Papa?"

Here you go Nick:

Because i'm a self serving political opportunist of the highest order, telling students what they wanted to hear to grab their votes - then used that support to stab them in the back.

Because I ran for office in the general election as a Lib Dem but now I enforce and enable Tory Ideology.
    http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/th...cameron-deputy

Sums it up for me tbh, however his apologists like to dress it up he committed the cardinal sin of politics: he lied.

ReputationRep:
    His son calls him 'papa' rofl lolwut?

ReputationRep:
    He likes DC though and privately politicians have a lot in common with each other regardless of partisanship so I bet he feels right at home with the Tory boys. He's also cut off from a lot of the criticism which he probably only hears on TV and even then you hardly get to the hear the public air their views directly. As long as he doesn't watch Question Time he should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    He must be emoooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabtastic)

Lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabtastic)

lol, President?? Of the USA??? How?

ReputationRep:
    What nine year old calls their dad "papa" in Britain?

Edit: Never mind, his wife is Spanish, I forgot.

Regarding the article, I think the press and public are a little harsh towards him as it feels he gets all the blame whenever a Tory policy comes into place, but students have every right to be angry with him, he signed a pledge for no increase in fees and a couple of months later does a complete U-turn. If he has any sense he will step down as Lib Dem leader by the time the next election comes, if they don't want a complete failure of an election.

ReputationRep:
    No, he's a douchebag.

ReputationRep:
    Papa. L O L.

ReputationRep:
    Clegg lol, he really wasn't made for politics.

ReputationRep:
    El oh el

ReputationRep:
    What normal child calls their father Papa, honestly.

ReputationRep:
    It's pathetic bringing his children into the equation. If he doesn't feel he can answer to his children, then why on earth is he doing what he's doing?

He had a choice to enter politics and be a public figure. He also had a choice of whether to increase his profile by becoming deputy PM, along with 'having to' make the concessions he did. Anyone could have told him he was going to be demonised for being a lying %$^£, and indeed, everyone did, and they were right. If he didn't know what the consequences would be, then I'd have some sympathy, but he definitely did. The only reason any politician is in power is because people trust that they'll do a certain amount of what they promised - in Clegg's case he has already made it impossible for himself to reach that amount.

ReputationRep:
    LOL what a gay!

I can't stand this sort of points-scoring, Cameron was pulling the same trick last year going on and on about his son dying at every opportunity.

I also can't stand students like ... everyone in the thread, who are almost comically self-righteous about this whole tuition fee non-issue. Shaddup and get some essays done, filthy students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    I can't stand this sort of points-scoring, Cameron was pulling the same trick last year going on and on about his son dying at every opportunity.
    Don't drag everyone else down to your revolting level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    What normal child calls their father Papa, honestly.
    A normal child of a spanish woman

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.