Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jallenbah)
    I agree with the death penalty in some situations, and I don't think it should ever be public, but it really gets on my nerves when someone says "makes us as bad as them" or similar.

They brought it upon themselves by doing whatever act was serious enough to put them in that position. I wouldn't say public executing a child rapist "makes us as bad as them".

That said though I do agree it shouldn't be public.
    It's not so much the fact it's public, it's more about the fact it's not a humane way to kill someone. If a person is a serial killer for example, they get their jollies out of killing people in some pretty sick ways. If we in turn find entertainment in letting them suffer a long painful death, while they do deserve it, puts us at the same level, I think.
    Don't get me wrong, when I hear about a b*stard who has even thought about a child like that, I want nothing more than to chop of their **** and force feed it to him before letting him lose in a normal prison, where the inmates arent so keen on peodophiles, but what makes us better than them is that we can control those feelings and deal with things in a humane, moral way.

ReputationRep:
    Would make for a great day out with the boys, even better if we get front row seats to see the chap bite the dust in closeup.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.