Turn on thread page Beta

Which question should I set myself for coursework? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which of these questions should I answer?
    Question 1
    50.00%
    Question 2
    25.00%
    Question 3
    0%
    Question 4
    25.00%
    All of these questions suck!!!
    0%

ReputationRep:
    It's AQA's history A-level - Unit 4: Historical Enquiry.

I had a whole bunch of topics in history I wanted to examine and that I thought I could do well in but I've managed to whittle it down to just four. Now I'm totally spoilt for choice so I'm asking you to pick for me TSR.

The other units I'm studying for are:

Unit 1: The Reformation in Europe, c1500–1564
    Unit 2: The Church in England: the Struggle for Supremacy, 1529–1541
    Unit 3: The Emergence of a Great Power? Spain, 1492–1556

So the rules are that my question has to span at least 100 years of history, and it has to focus on roughly the same time period as the units I'm studying, so late medieval or early modern. The question cannot include focus on Spain during the years Unit 3 examines Spain; and if there is chronological overlap between my question and units 1 and 2 greater than 20 years then there must be no thematic overlap. So here are my questions!

Question 1 Within the context of the period 1261- 1453, to what extent was the fall of Constantinople in 1453 to the Ottoman Turks inevitable?

Question 2 Within the context of the period 1290-1492, to what extent were Jews persecuted in Western Europe?

Question 3 Within the context of the period 1325-1519, to what extent was Portugal’s geographical location responsible for it being the leading European state in overseas exploration?

Question 4 Within the context of the period 1353-1492, to what extent was the Ottoman conquest of Bosnia and Herzegovina responsible for the changes to the region’s religious demography?

Thanks for any help!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2011

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.