Turn on thread page Beta

Previous Results watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I was just wondering if Universities in Ireland and Britain exchange information with each other regarding an applicant. I'm hopefully going back to uni to study as a mature student to study I already have an honours degree but it is totally unrelated to what I want to study now, will I have to provide the original transcripts for my previous degree to my new uni? If not, if i get my transcripts from my previous degree and send them on will the University that I am applying to call my old uni and check them up? Do they also call to check up your Leaving Certificate results even if you send them a copy of it?
    Cheers for your help

    No, they don't talk. You will have to list your previous degree on UCAS, and probably send a transcript of your grades once you have offers, but if its an official transcript theres no reason for your new uni to need to double check it. Same with leaving cert - if you have the original certificate then there's nothing to dispute.
Cats or dogs?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.