Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Quorn have recently launched a new range which includes 'Fish-less Fingers' and 'Tuna Style & Sweetcorn Crispbakes'.

http://www.quorn.co.uk/products/Fish-Less_Fingers.aspx

http://www.quorn.co.uk/products/Tuna...Crispbake.aspx

It's available in supermarkets now.

What do you think of this? Do you reckon it will taste anything like fish? I suppose that's a pretty difficult flavour to get right given the the fake meat Quorn doesn't taste of much and relies on the flavourings you give it.

ReputationRep:
    I really can't imagine this working out well!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fan of Quorn...but this seems like a step to far.

ReputationRep:
    mycoprotein fail.

ReputationRep:
    i want to try! then i'll judge
    hopefully it will taste yummy!

ReputationRep:
    Why bother?

ReputationRep:
    on second thought, after looking at the ingredient list, i'm a bit hesitant now :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesioo)
    I'm a fan of Quorn...but this seems like a step to far.
    I know exactly what you mean! I can't imagine what it will taste like - but then I'm not sure I remember exactly what proper fish tastes like. I'll certainly try it though!

ReputationRep:
    Euw.

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you mean! I can't imagine what it will taste like - but then I'm not sure I remember exactly what proper fish tastes like. I'll certainly try it though!
    Fish fingers are meant to be moist and I don't think these are going to cut it...but I'm adventurous so I'll give them ago as well! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Whoever tries them first, let us know!

ReputationRep:
    I've tried the tuna crispbake, it's really weird: odd texture and tbh the taste is very similar to Quorn chicken. Has a fishy aroma...which is a bit weird but it's worth trying. Don't get your hopes up though

ReputationRep:
    I'd be tempted to try the fish-less fingers, even if it's just to give them a go. I'm not a vegetarian but used to be and tbh I got so used to eating Quorn when I was veggie that it didn't really taste all that bad, and I'd assume it would be the same with these fish-style products...maybe?

I might start eating Quorn again actually as I'm trying to eat healthier and lose a bit of weight, so if I try any fish-style products I'll let you know

Why did I get negged for this?

ReputationRep:
    I miss the good old days when quorn tasted like quorn.

ReputationRep:
    I found some vegan "fish" fingers in holland and barratt once and they were delicious but I'm not too sure about the quorn ones.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I like Quorn 'meat' but I don't know how they'll work :/

Birds Eye do vegetable filled things that look like fish fingers which are quite nice

ReputationRep:
    I've tried the fish fingers, they're horrible. They're so dry, although to be fair I only normally have quorn mince in spag bol etc and generally avoid fake meat

ReputationRep:
    I tried some fish-free fingers by another brand about a year ago and they tasted just like fish fingers and I was really impressed, but I've never been able to find them again.
    I will definitely be giving these a go, I just hope they're as good as the other ones.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, I've only tried quorn sausages before, and loved them. :sogood: The sweetcorn with the "tuna" sounds like a decent combo, if it tastes like tuna and sweetcorn, that is.

ReputationRep:
    At first, I misread the title as "queer fish", which lead me down a single track, and ultimately to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GzOoyOOfqM

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.