Warwick vs UCL for computer science watch

• View Poll Results: Warwick vs UCL for computer science
    Warwick
    41.07%
    UCL
    58.93%

ReputationRep:
    Warwick vs UCL for computer science

Please, can you suggest which one is better in computer science???:confused:

Warwick
    UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrick ye)
    [SIZE="2"]Please, can you suggest which one is better in computer science???
    I would pick UCL.

That said, my opinion is almost entirely baseless, so... :rolleyes:

I didn't like Warwick when I visited my brother there, always seemed grey and miserable. Never visited UCL, but London's a great place and I hear the CS department is fantastic.

That said, again, those are my only reasons for my opinion, so I am really well enough informed to have one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fallen)
    I would pick UCL.

That said, my opinion is almost entirely baseless, so... :rolleyes:

I didn't like Warwick when I visited my brother there, always seemed grey and miserable. Never visited UCL, but London's a great place and I hear the CS department is fantastic.

That said, again, those are my only reasons for my opinion, so I am really well enough informed to have one.
    Thank you for your opinion. It's useful for me anyway,

ReputationRep:
    Pick UCL

ReputationRep:
    Warwick is MUCH better for CS.
    The campus is also lovely although Coventry town is a bit ****. But most people stay in lemmington spar after 2nd year i believe which apparently is really nice!
    It means you won't have London prices either

ReputationRep:
    as long as you can afford it, UCL most definitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thinker03)
    as long as you can afford it, UCL most definitely.
    Could you explain why?

ReputationRep:
    Could you explain why?
    Sorry I should have explained more.

Warwick is a great university with excellent CS department and reputation, but UCL is better involved with industry & has much better job opportunities. If you're looking for finishing your degree and starting to work (which I assumed that's the case for you) UCL is the right place to be. If you're considering postgraduate research you won't go wrong with either.

ReputationRep:

Warwick is a great university with excellent CS department and reputation, but UCL is better involved with industry & has much better job opportunities. If you're looking for finishing your degree and starting to work (which I assumed that's the case for you) UCL is the right place to be. If you're considering postgraduate research you won't go wrong with either.
    Thank you very much for your explain. I totally agree with your opinion. Yes,Warwick has high quality for academic, but UCL is good at involving with industry and it is more respected and has a good world reputation.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick vs UCL for computer science

Please, can you suggest which one is better in computer science???:confused:
    Personally I believe our department is better and i love it here..

ReputationRep:
    UCL is the more respected one, plus you will be living in London, which is more diverse and interesting. PLUS, UCL can grant you with more job opportunites within the city and abroad, I should know this, my brother has a secure job with the oil firm Trafigura in Switzerland after he graduates this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dibs_anim)
    Personally I believe our department is better and i love it here..
    What's your department please? and which univ you are saying?

ReputationRep:
    What's your department please? and which univ you are saying?
    Oh sorry forgot to put that in, my dept is CS and i'm at UCL.

ReputationRep:

They both have highly ranked CS department, and both have great employment prospects -- Warwick has been ranked number 2, only behind Cambridge in High Fliers employment data, and UCL was something like number 4, though the UL data (LSE, Imperial and UCL) were lumped together.

http://www.highfliers.co.uk/download/GMReport11.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Roxas)
    They both have highly ranked CS department, and both have great employment prospects -- Warwick has been ranked number 2, only behind Cambridge in High Fliers employment data, and UCL was something like number 4, though the UL data (LSE, Imperial and UCL) were lumped together.

http://www.highfliers.co.uk/download/GMReport11.pdf
    Woo. Good reference!

ReputationRep:
    up up up

ReputationRep:
    have you decided yet?
    personally I would pick UCL (i firmed it :P) because it's well known around the world and as many people said they have good links for industries and I know some people who have been to warwick and said its quite dead, i.e. a glum boring environment and its a pain if you're spending 3-4 years of your life studying there.
    London is also a great place but in terms of computer science, UCL has a great department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarityy)
    have you decided yet?
    personally I would pick UCL (i firmed it :P) because it's well known around the world and as many people said they have good links for industries and I know some people who have been to warwick and said its quite dead, i.e. a glum boring environment and its a pain if you're spending 3-4 years of your life studying there.
    London is also a great place but in terms of computer science, UCL has a great department.
    Thanks. I have firmed UCL. What's your subject please?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I have firmed UCL. What's your subject please?
    computer science

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 1, 2011

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.