Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As an ectomorphic, do I still need to try and lower my body fat if I want muscle definition, or is that not nessecary due to my build?

what sort of foods would be good for an ectomorphic for maintaining a healthy weight.

currently i am 9.2 stone, and have been for about 2 years now.

I quit body building about 2 years ago and was around 9.5 stone but found it very hard to get past that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)

Eat some food, suck off a cow and shag a chicken?

ReputationRep:
    Aww man!!! Making me hungry!!!

ReputationRep:
    the only reason you didnt get past 9.5 stone is because you didnt eat. Training is the easy part.

ReputationRep:
    if you want to build muscle, double your calorie count with the right foods and it'll happen quicker than you think. if you're doing it right you can pack on about 5kg in a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jprovins1)
    if you want to build muscle, double your calorie count with the right foods and it'll happen quicker than you think. if you're doing it right you can pack on about 5kg in a month.
    Not in muscle you can't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Not in muscle you can't!
    What about noobie gains? I trained pretty intensively and ate a decent amount and in 7 weeks I put on a similar amount (well like 3kg) and whilst some was fat I did okayish. Probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Lyceum)
    What about noobie gains? I trained pretty intensively and ate a decent amount and in 7 weeks I put on a similar amount (well like 3kg) and whilst some was fat I did okayish. Probably.
    A- you stated month which is 4.5 weeks
    B- you now give a figure over more than a 50% increase in time
    C - you give a weight figure some 40% less than your claim and admit it wasn't all muscle

ReputationRep:
    A- you stated month which is 4.5 weeks
    B- you now give a figure over more than a 50% increase in time
    C - you give a weight figure some 40% less than your claim and admit it wasn't all muscle
    I know, btw I wasn't the guy who said the month thing, just wondering if that's okayish? Obviously I should have thrown in more cardio to delimit fat gains but generally is that the sort of progress one can be somewhat ok with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Lyceum)
    I know, btw I wasn't the guy who said the month thing, just wondering if that's okayish? Obviously I should have thrown in more cardio to delimit fat gains but generally is that the sort of progress one can be somewhat ok with?
    Sorry wasn't paying attention

Realistically if you gained 1kg of muscle in a month you have done very well. Sod cardio, cardio is for gays.

As long as you are chomping lots and getting stronger the size will naturally come with it.

ReputationRep:

Realistically if you gained 1kg of muscle in a month you have done very well. Sod cardio, cardio is for gays.

As long as you are chomping lots and getting stronger the size will naturally come with it.
    Haha no worries. Yeah I figured as much, though since those few weeks any gains in lifts/size have slowed down a decent amount, tbh I'm not working/eating anywhere near as much as I should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)

I'm bloody hungry now

I guess the diet is going well with you posting all them pics up

ReputationRep:

i hadnt done it quite that quickly. i went up to 4 meals a day and training 4 times aweek. i put on lots of muscle and a bit of fat. i then toned up. its hard i admit to get any sort of serious gain in lean mass without some hard graft. plus i wasnt bothered to hit protein shakes or creatine.

i'm naturally an endomorph though so if i want results i either have to exercise like hell or drop my calories to about 2/3 normal.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.