The Student Room Group

My dad said I have to move out

I haven't done anything wrong but he says I stress him out and I have to go. My mum died lady year so it's just me and him. My brother lives abroad and I haven't got any other family such as aunties and uncles who I can go to. I'm at uni going into my third year so can't afford my own place. Wtf am I meant to do :'(
Reply 1
Last year*
Reply 2
Ask the uni if they have any spare rooms in halls of residence?? Or find student accommodation in your uni city?
Reply 3
Talk to your dad and try and make him see sense.

Say you'll move out as soon as you have stable income AFTER graduation.

If thatd doesn't work, try citizens advice bureua for some help.
Look for anywhere near your university and get a larger student loan. If need be, get a loan from the bank.

Go to your uni's accommodation office and ask for their list of emergency accommodation. This is more for peace of mind than anything else, since if you don't find a flat/halls then you'll still have emergency accommodation. You pay daily, and you have all the necessities while you're looking for another place.
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't done anything wrong but he says I stress him out and I have to go. My mum died lady year so it's just me and him. My brother lives abroad and I haven't got any other family such as aunties and uncles who I can go to. I'm at uni going into my third year so can't afford my own place. Wtf am I meant to do :'(

How old are you? and what do you do around the house to help ie will bils cleaning and everything else? maybe he's under alot of pressure, some time apart might help
Reply 6
Original post by emeritus2011
How old are you? and what do you do around the house to help ie will bils cleaning and everything else? maybe he's under alot of pressure, some time apart might help

I help to clean. Admittedly not as much recently as I've had so many deadlines for uni. Money and bills wise we are comfortable with money so that's fine. It annoys me because he never for one minute considers how I feel and he isn't the kind of person you can talk properly with. I hate living here and if could I would leave. I'm 21.
Reply 7
Get student accommodation next year that is a 52 week contract? May not be able to afford it so might need to get a part time job. Also I'd imagine most unis do hardship loans so speak to your uni asap.
Original post by Anonymous
I help to clean. Admittedly not as much recently as I've had so many deadlines for uni. Money and bills wise we are comfortable with money so that's fine. It annoys me because he never for one minute considers how I feel and he isn't the kind of person you can talk properly with. I hate living here and if could I would leave. I'm 21.

well i guess like every one says try to find some emergency accomodation, how about friends?
talk to him, but tell him he is being a prat. he lost his wife and you lost your mum so now why do you have to lose your dad and your home? if he is rejecting his kids then he needs councilling. it might be that you remind him of her. see if you can stay with a friend
This is horrible :frown: explain to him how much you need to stay. Talk to you brother about it maybe and see what he says?

Sounds like your dad is trying to push everyone away but you need to tell him that its not fair on you and you cant afford to go anywhere else!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending