The Student Room Group

International A-Levels

Hey,

So I have heard from a friend that the International A-Levels are harder than the ones sat in the UK? Is this true, or this just completely wrong?
Reply 1
I have heard this about CIE International A-Levels, not about Edexcel International A-Levels. :dontknow:
Reply 2
Sorry I just remembered there is more than one kind of A-Level in the UK. I'm from New Zealand where they only offer CIE. So yeah, CIE International A-Levels.
Reply 3
Yeah, CIE International A-Levels are a bitch compared the regular UK ones.
Reply 4
Yeah.. I did CIE International A-levels, they were tough. Good luck bro! :wink:
Reply 5
Ahh awesome haha. So what does that mean in terms of University entrance? Any ideas?
Reply 6
Hey, I'm also DOING CIE A level. :wink:

Original post by Qwertyuip
Ahh awesome haha. So what does that mean in terms of University entrance? Any ideas?

That means the same as for the A level of local UK exam boards. :smile: They don't offer any special entry requirements for CIE students.
Reply 7
Oh that is lame. Harder A-Levels but the same entry requirements is hardly fair.
Reply 8
Yeah. the only impression you give to the admission tutors is something like, "oh, this kid is doing harder a-levels", but that does not give you any particular advantages over your university application. There really isn't any point in doing something harder, except it prepares you (better) for university. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest