Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Shoplifting Fine? I dont know what do to.. help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The other day I was caught shoplifting from Primark to a vaule of a few pounds. Although I am not excusing my actions, I did not go into the shop intending to steal, i actually purchased from the store as well and due to personal issues was having an extremely bad day and my head was clearly not in the right place as i went to answer my phone and left the store with some other items I had picked up, I was stopped by security, I made no attempt to get away and the items i had picked up were clealry visible ontop of my bag, I had not meant to leave with them. They gave me no information about being caught on footage, but told me they could help me if I just admitted I had stolen them. I was in a state of panic and admitted to taking the items, which I did, but not at all intentionally. They said that I would have to pay a fine through Retail Loss Prevention, I have a letter that says this and also that they can get civil recovery off me, is this the same? And how much will it be?

They also banned me from the stores and I tried to explain what happened but i accept how it looks and I am so sorry for it. Does this ban last forever? And do they send my photo around to all the stores?
    Will this be on my record? If so, how long for? And will I have to announce it to my employers?

I know what happened was stupid and I feel so bad about it. I never get in trouble with the police ever and it has really shaken me up. Please don't just answer and condone what happened, i genuinely feel so bad about it. I just want an answer to my questions.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused as to why there are 4 threads on this made by 3 different accounts.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone was doing it.. i thought i would join in.

ReputationRep:
    Banned from Primark. You shouldn't be looking at this as a negative event

ReputationRep:
    I swear you already made a thread about this?

ReputationRep:
    Your seeing things

ReputationRep:
    No i'm not, there 2 threads that are exactly the same as this.

ReputationRep:
    Im joining in the fun

ReputationRep:
    Hello there chum. Sounds like you're in a pickle old chap. My father is a prestigious lawyer. If you need help, he's here for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malism)
    Im joining in the fun
    Mod deleted my thread(s) and the original trolls! lol well done!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.