Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering is there anyone out there who has completed the catholic teaching cert. Iam trying to do it and finding it really hard. would be grateful if anyone could help!!!!

Thanks a million
    Donna

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing this has something to do with teachers in Ireland needing religious training to teach in most schools?

(Original post by donnadorts)
    Hi just wondering is there anyone out there who has completed the catholic teaching cert. Iam trying to do it and finding it really hard. would be grateful if anyone could help!!!!

Thanks a million
    Donna
    Hi, Donna

You need to ask this question is the Education & Teaching Forum. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=97

Edit: there was a thread discussing the certification http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=230991 but it's very old and not a good idea to 'resurrect' it. You'd be best off initiating a new thread, my friend.

Posting it here risks supercilious remarks from ignorant people, as witnessed by the above poster! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)

Posting it here risks supercilious remarks from ignorant people, as witnessed by the above poster[/B]! :rolleyes:
    I was merely asking. As she lives in Ireland (according to her Location), most schools there require religious training. I did not say it was right or wrong, nor do I care.

Stop being condescending. It is not becoming of you.

(Original post by Alpharius)
    I was merely asking. As she lives in Ireland (according to her Location), most schools there require religious training. I did not say it was right or wrong, nor do I care.
    No you weren't...your intention was clearly obvious. Moreover, the poster lives in Derry which is in Northern Ireland, not the Republic - and not under the same education scheme.

I'm guessing this has something to do with teachers in Ireland needing religious training to teach in most schools?
    Since most of the schools in Ireland are Catholic schools and most of the teachers are Catholic, you were implying that the teachers lack knowledge of their 'cradle' faith.

Stop being condescending. It is not becoming of you.
    I treat people in exactly the manner they treat others. You were condescending...I responded in like manner. I'm not always the inoffensive Christian that atheists anticpate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    No you weren't...your intention was clearly obvious
    I come from Enniskillen. I was merely trying to get the facts right. For all you know, I could have a link for her. You should not assume anything.

Since most of the schools in Ireland are Catholic schools and most of the teachers are Catholic, you were implying that the teachers lack knowledge of their 'cradle' faith.
    There is a slight majority. Not a massive one. Protestant churches are very numerous as well.

I treat people in exactly the manner they treat others. You were condescending...I responded in like manner. I'm not always the inoffensive Christian that atheists anticpate.
    My intention was not condescending, for the record. And no, I know you Christians are anything but inoffensive. I also lived in Glasgow for half a year in my youth (and I don't need to go into that here...).

You have every intention of being a condescending little prick.

To the OP, I would have to agree with Yawns advice by posting this in the Education and Teaching forum here. The regulars there will be much more capable of helping you than anyone here, and posting it in the Debates section is a bad idea.

I come from Enniskillen. I was merely trying to get the facts right. For all you know, I could have a link for her. You should not assume anything.
    Sound advice...remember it yourself too.

There is a slight majority. Not a massive one. Protestant churches are very numerous as well.
    Since the entire island of Ireland is overwhelmingly Christian, it should not be necessary for its teachers to undergo accredited extraneous training

My intention was not condescending, for the record. And no, I know you Christians are anything but inoffensive.
    Motes and planks come to mind.

I also lived in Glasgow for half a year in my youth (and I don't need to go into that here...).
    I hear that sectarianism abounds in Glasgow. And that Rangers football club have very recently been fined for singing sectarian songs during a match in mainland Europe.;

You have every intention of being a condescending little prick.
    Even though I might be condescending to those who seek to be condescending to me, I would never call them a condescending little prick as you have. That's in extremely poor taste

To the OP, I would have to agree with Yawns advice by posting this in the Education and Teaching forum here. The regulars there will be much more capable of helping you than anyone here, and posting it in the Debates section is a bad idea.
    I'm glad that you acquiesce with my advice to the OP. And that you see my point made to the OP about superciliousness in this forum.

ReputationRep:
    ..more like catholic lying certificate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Sound advice...remember it yourself too.

Since the entire island of Ireland is overwhelmingly Christian, it should not be necessary for its teachers to undergo accredited extraneous training

Motes and planks come to mind.

I hear that sectarianism abounds in Glasgow. And that Rangers football club have very recently been fined for singing sectarian songs during a match in mainland Europe.;

Even though I might be condescending to those who seek to be condescending to me, I would never call them a condescending little prick as you have. That's in extremely poor taste

I'm glad that you acquiesce with my advice to the OP. And that you see my point made to the OP about superciliousness in this forum.
    Oh I never disagreed with your advice. You turned this into a supercilious situation by assuming I was doing so. I would also like to know where I assumed anything, besides that this was to do with Ireland as her location dictated. That info would only help get her more specific advice.

And as for my comment, if you don't like it, tough. I speak my mind.

Now drop it. This is turning into argument for arguments sake.

Oh I never disagreed with your advice. You turned this into a supercilious situation by assuming I was doing so. I would also like to know where I assumed anything, besides that this was to do with Ireland as her location dictated. That info would only help get her more specific advice.

And as for my comment, if you don't like it, tough. I speak my mind.

Now drop it. This is turning into argument for arguments sake.
    Since it is so important to you, I shall let you have the last word.

God bless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexisonfire)
    ..more like catholic lying certificate.
    Yeah... This shall be declared as a win for the non-theists.

To the next debate we go my Atheist brother. WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER. :horse:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Since it is so important to you, I shall let you have the last word.

God bless.
    You realise how dumb that post was, right?

(Original post by Smtn)
    You realise how dumb that post was, right?
    Alpharius' or amime's? No need to be so offensive to him/him.

Besides, this thread is now dead, it seems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    My post wasn't dumb :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)

Besides, this thread is now dead, it seems.
    Yours, claiming it wasn't the last word

(Original post by Smtn)
    Yours, claiming it wasn't the last word
    Well your's might have been, until you quoted me and expected a response.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.