Turn on thread page Beta

So, fees of £9000 in 2012 but what about thereafter? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if the £9000 fee is a long term cap or whether, like the current system fees will be allowed to rise with inflation?

Inflation at 2% could see these new fees rise by around £200 per year

ReputationRep:
    I presume so, universities costs will increase with inflation.

ReputationRep:
    It's just like how they increased to £3,000
    We could even see the cap removed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ultimate mashup)
    I was just wondering if the £9000 fee is a long term cap or whether, like the current system fees will be allowed to rise with inflation?

Inflation at 2% could see these new fees rise by around £200 per year
    It has risen with inflation in the current system so I wouldn't be surprised if it did under the new one. Although with the maximum charge of £9,000 universities are obligated to show evidence of widening access although its safe to assume that the most reputable universities and courses will assume this rate. I have yet to see what their plans are for easing the pain of those less able to afford such fees, but APPARENTLY it is meant to be a more progressive system. I start medicine this september so as far as im concerned, it don't affect me *rubs it in well*

ReputationRep:
    Oh well it looks like its gonna be more £10000 a year by 2017 then! What a rip!!

ReputationRep:
    the world is going to end by then, so theres no need to worry

ReputationRep:
    Just as I leave university leaving with a 100k debt, Labour will be elected again and price will come down...

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, it's a fixed cap, so won't rise with inflation - it will stay at £9000 until they decide to change it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.