Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UCAS Points/Grade Requirements watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have Uni's been known to accept applicants that have achieved the required UCAS Points, but haven't got the right grade?

They want a DD from me but I only managed an MM, but I have the right amount of UCAS points and have heard if you have an excellent Personal Statement and plenty of work experience then you can be considered? I've been working for a Web Design company for three years and want to apply for a Digital Media course so I'm hoping this helps me?

I'm trying to call the Uni but they always seem to be busy!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. Depends on the uni, the course, your grades, how much they like you, how competitive it is that year, if the admissions tutor is in a good mood, etc. There's no way to know without asking them.

Though I would say that since you're presumably applying as a mature student, and you have a few years of relevant work experience, that would certainly help your chances.

ReputationRep:
    Haha well I'm 21 if that qualifies me as a mature student?

Reason I never went previously was because I wanted to get the work experience that made me stand out from others as well as pay my way through Uni. My personal statement is good, I think I've sold myself well to them and it shows that I have the passion/determination to do their course. I'm just hoping they'll take this over not achieving the DD as I know my stuff and would rather show/tell them instead of them judging me on the grade. I can never get through to them so all I really want is to speak to them either over the phone or get an interview to explain myself.

I want to apply at Christ Church Canterbury, I'm hoping that because they have UCA and University of Kent within walking distance of eachother then Christ Church isn't as competitive.

Thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dannnn)
    Haha well I'm 21 if that qualifies me as a mature student?
    Yes, it does. If you're 21 or more when your course starts, you're a mature student.

ReputationRep:
    Aw awesome! does that entitle you to anything or is it just a name?

ReputationRep:
    Aw awesome! does that entitle you to anything or is it just a name?
    I have no idea I'm afraid.

There's the mature students part of the forum though.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, will ask the same question in there

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd let you know that I' received Unconditional offers for all my choices

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd let you know that I' received Unconditional offers for all my choices
    Awesome, congrats.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.