Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people do the things they do? watch

Feeling really quite pissed off at the moment, why would a person show interest and suddenly go cold?

Now the back story, towards the end of January I went clubbing for a friend's birthday. We ended up at this small student union place. While we were there, I noticed a guy looking over at me, we exchanged looks but nothing came of it. Now, I'm not the most confident person in the world and would never normally approach a person for fear of rejection which is only magnified when you're surrounded by a group of your friends. Another problem was the fact that I thought, and still do, think that he is out of my league couldn’t understand why he would be interested in me.

So anyway, we had a great time at the club and I didn’t really think much of the guy and got on with life. A few friends of mine had heard of the student spot and wanted to check it out, I decided to come along since I had enjoyed it so much the first time. Over the next couple of weeks it became a regular thing, I would see the same guy occasionally and he would look over at my direction and when I looked over at him, he would quickly turn his head away. During this time I was also dating somebody for a month before realising I wasn’t attracted him and broke it off.

About a month later, I went back to the club and saw him again. This time we maintained eye contact for a while, was planning on approaching him but I had to leave early. Now, I know how ridiculous it sounds reading it back. Seeing the same guy for nearly three months and never speaking to him but unfortunately it seems to have happened somehow. I actually had arguments with my friends about the best way to approach him but since we both hang around in fairly big groups it would seem a little odd if either of us made a move. But since our last encounter, I finally had built up the idea in my mind that was interested in me and was anticipating bumping into him again.

So it was decided, I went back to the club a week later and he was there, staring right at me. At this point, my heart was thumping away and my hands were shaking. Yeah it wasn’t pretty, I decided to separate myself from the group and sit on my own, hoping he would join me. So I sat there with my phone out, looked over in his direction and he stood there looking a little uneasy. Eventually my friend came along and sat next to me, a few minutes the guy had left and I was gutted.

Now, this club posts pictures up on Facebook every week and I realised that the only way I was going to get anywhere was to contact him and since doing it face to face wasn’t working I decided to send him a friend request along with a nice message along the lines of ‘Hey, I keep seeing you around but I never got the chance to say hello. ’ That was two weeks ago and I ‘ve heard nothing since…Now surely if he was interested in me and a little shy, he would appreciate the fact that I put myself out there like that? It doesn’t seem to make any sense to be honest and it’s been getting me down. I was drawn to him the moment we locked eyes but I was too scared to approach him and I finally make a move, he ignores me.

(I'm a guy BTW)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    (I'm a guy BTW)
    Maybe he's straight? :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    Because they like to do the things they do.

PS: Or he dosen't like you...

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe he is shy because he doesn't want to be labelled gay by his friends?

ReputationRep:
    I think the better question to ask is "Why don't people do the things they want to do?"

(Original post by Yawn11)
    Maybe he's straight? :iiam:
    Sorry I forgot to mention, it was gay club.

ReputationRep:
    lol that bit on the end just changed everything. Maybe he's straight and was flirting for a laff. who knows, maybe he's not "out"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Feeling really quite pissed off at the moment, why would a person show interest and suddenly go cold?

Now the back story, towards the end of January I went clubbing for a friend's birthday. We ended up at this small student union place. While we were there, I noticed a guy looking over at me, we exchanged looks but nothing came of it. Now, I'm not the most confident person in the world and would never normally approach a person for fear of rejection which is only magnified when you're surrounded by a group of your friends. Another problem was the fact that I thought, and still do, think that he is out of my league couldn’t understand why he would be interested in me.

So anyway, we had a great time at the club and I didn’t really think much of the guy and got on with life. A few friends of mine had heard of the student spot and wanted to check it out, I decided to come along since I had enjoyed it so much the first time. Over the next couple of weeks it became a regular thing, I would see the same guy occasionally and he would look over at my direction and when I looked over at him, he would quickly turn his head away. During this time I was also dating somebody for a month before realising I wasn’t attracted him and broke it off.

About a month later, I went back to the club and saw him again. This time we maintained eye contact for a while, was planning on approaching him but I had to leave early. Now, I know how ridiculous it sounds reading it back. Seeing the same guy for nearly three months and never speaking to him but unfortunately it seems to have happened somehow. I actually had arguments with my friends about the best way to approach him but since we both hang around in fairly big groups it would seem a little odd if either of us made a move. But since our last encounter, I finally had built up the idea in my mind that was interested in me and was anticipating bumping into him again.

So it was decided, I went back to the club a week later and he was there, staring right at me. At this point, my heart was thumping away and my hands were shaking. Yeah it wasn’t pretty, I decided to separate myself from the group and sit on my own, hoping he would join me. So I sat there with my phone out, looked over in his direction and he stood there looking a little uneasy. Eventually my friend came along and sat next to me, a few minutes the guy had left and I was gutted.

Now, this club posts pictures up on Facebook every week and I realised that the only way I was going to get anywhere was to contact him and since doing it face to face wasn’t working I decided to send him a friend request along with a nice message along the lines of ‘Hey, I keep seeing you around but I never got the chance to say hello. ’ That was two weeks ago and I ‘ve heard nothing since…Now surely if he was interested in me and a little shy, he would appreciate the fact that I put myself out there like that? It doesn’t seem to make any sense to be honest and it’s been getting me down. I was drawn to him the moment we locked eyes but I was too scared to approach him and I finally make a move, he ignores me.

(I'm a guy BTW)
    HAHAHAHAHAHA fantastic troll.

ReputationRep:
    For money or sex.

(Original post by HistoryRepeating)
    HAHAHAHAHAHA fantastic troll.
    How am I trolling? I was really getting my hopes up on this guy before he ignored me. Imagine thinking you won the lottery only to find out a few days later there had been a mistake, yeah that's how I feel atm. =/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.