Turn on thread page Beta

Women: Exposing your breasts in public, Is it empowering or exploitating? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    It kind of does, but on the other hand I was treated by probably about 30 different nurses at different times, although not all of them for long periods. Out of those I would say that 12 of them were genuinely exceptional. After I had had been moved to a different hospital from the evil nurse I asked if I could have my hair washed- the other hospital was very busy and given the back injury it probably wasn't a good idea. Anyway, the next day every nurse on the ward had brought in their own shampoo and conditioner, because hospital regulation stuff isn't very nice, and a few even brought in travel hair dryers in case I wanted it blow dried as well. One of the girls at the end of her (long) shifts used to ask if I wanted her to nip into ASDA and get anything because I wasn't eating very well. Bless them.
    Wow, that does sound pretty exceptional It's nice to hear the good stories as opposed to the horror storry. Good to hear that so many people went above and beyond to make sure you were treated well. Mind, if some nurse was just leaving the drapes open and generally being crap around someone I cared about, I would still be more than irate. I hope she's been written up/reprimanded/sacked.

ReputationRep:
    How is it liberating to do something you are told to do?

Get your tits out on your own terms if you want to make some pseudo rebelious statement.

ReputationRep:
    i’m 12 and what this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    I hope she's been written up/reprimanded/sacked.
    Same, she was extremely annoying haha

ReputationRep:
    They are just breasts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by righteous)
    It's just plain decency not to. Girls who don't have the restraint and decency not to rip their breasts out every opportunity they get disgust me. The same goes for women who wear very provocative clothing publicly.

Some may claim it's liberating and an expression of emancipation or empowerment for many women, but to me it's quite simply indecent and sickening, fuelling lust and deviance.
    Well, somebody clearly needs to get laid... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OP needs to mature abit! Some people are comfortable with their bodies and being partially or completely nude when on a beach has nothing to do with sex! and wats the difference between your nipples being covered with wat is a slight bit of material or not! next thing your going to be saying is breast feeding should be illegal as its exploitation or people only do it to empower themselves..... na its to feed the baby. Ive been to many naturist beaches and it has nothing to do with exploitation or empowerment. Just comfort and being yourself in your own body!
    You are right about naturist beaches. And a swim is more comfortable without a costume.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.