Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Planning on hopefully starting on saturday till the holday finishes. At least 5 hours a day inshallah.

I had to cancel my trip/holiday Dublin because of REVISION..... either I get into my desired university this year or possibly cry forever. I'd prefer the former.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm i am planning tomoz ans starting saturday, this could go one of two ways. 1 = i start last min and get A grades like a badman 2 = fail like a little whiney ***** :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertWhite)
    He has scored very highly in previous exams and so only needs low grades to push his overall UMS up to A grades.

I need CBA to achieve AAA.
    :O Omg! You're sooooo lucky. I got ABB at AS, does that mean I don't necessarily have to do well in these June exams to maintain my grades ABB or even take it up to AAB?

ReputationRep:
    Eight exams; serious revision starts Monday. Should be alright? :s :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paella)
    2 hours a day per exam from saturday - I see no reason why that won't be enough to secure 90%+ UMS.
    I've 3 exams aswell in June, but I definitely wouldn't settle for 2 hours a day... I wouldn't even do that at AS, at the finals for A2 I'd die if I did that lol

You must be quite smart then? 2 of mine are repeats (Business Finance exam and Sociology Crime and Deviance Exam) then the third paper is the Sociology Media paper. I'm absolutely terrified. You got tips on your confidence? As all three of my exams are within 5 days of each other, I'm going to have to study all of them at once. Whereas previously I was able to study one at a time because they were fortunately well spaced out. I've no clue how I'm going to study them all at once, it's going to be a first time for me.

ReputationRep:
    um.. havent started yet... will deal with it another time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gromit94)
    Yeah, cause I take my education seriously
    The majority of us on this forum value our education. You're seriously wasting time by revising for GCSE's, they are a walk in the park compared to A-Level's; now they definitely require revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irishmonkey1992)
    :O Omg! You're sooooo lucky. I got ABB at AS, does that mean I don't necessarily have to do well in these June exams to maintain my grades ABB or even take it up to AAB?
    If they are high grades then possibly not! I achieved 100% in my Psychology and Geography exam in January so that did push me up a lot. if you check with your individual teachers they should be able to find the exact information somewhere. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, cause I take my education seriously
    aka you are a D grade student and can't get As at GCSE without revision stupid hard working stupid people make life more competitive let the smart people succeed with minimal effort and the stupid people should just stay stupid and get bad grades and get out of our way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    aka you are a D grade student and can't get As at GCSE without revision stupid hard working stupid people make life more competitive let the smart people succeed with minimal effort and the stupid people should just stay stupid and get bad grades and get out of our way
    You're a real ****. Who the hell do you think you are? You're deluded if you think we are where we are in the world without people working hard.

Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    The majority of us on this forum value our education. You're seriously wasting time by revising for GCSE's, they are a walk in the park compared to A-Level's; now they definitely require revision.
    You don't need to revise that much for GCSEs but you do need to read a bit. And don't put someone else down - no matter what stage they're at. I bet you revised for your GCSEs. It's a really good thing to develop a work ethic in GCSEs and build on that in A Levels, it'll help you massively. But for GCSEs, don't do 4-7 hours, that's for A Levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    Thanks. I got 7A*s and 4As but I see now that all along I should have got Ds.
    Silly me. I could have done so much worse (or are you suggesting it was better for me to have done good?) If only I hadn't worked so hard? Where would I be now if only I hadn't worked so hard?

Did you not do as well as you expected and are venting your anger at me?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I got 7A*s and 4As but I see now that all along I should have got Ds.
    Silly me. I could have done so much worse (or are you suggesting it was better for me to have done good?) If only I hadn't worked so hard? Where would I be now if only I hadn't worked so hard?
    He isn't going to get a good job without work ethic. Arrogant little *******. It's at this stage in life ignorant people like him learn what the real world is like.

ReputationRep:
    starting on sunday.....

well, I'm starting to teach myself all the stuff our teachers haven't taught (the entire syllabus)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsGood)
    You don't need to revise that much for GCSEs but you do need to read a bit. And don't put someone else down - no matter what stage they're at. I bet you revised for your GCSEs. It's a really good thing to develop a work ethic in GCSEs and build on that in A Levels, it'll help you massively. But for GCSEs, don't do 4-7 hours, that's for A Levels
    Err... I've me GCSE's over and done with this good while now . I'm just stating that as the way you've worded your post, it's as if you're advising me on how to study for my GCSE's lol But no, I didn't revise for my GCSE's at all. Of course I had the intention, but I was in full blown procrastination mode during that period of time; thus no revision actually commenced.

Also, you've interpreted my post wrong; I was advising the person to not put so much effort into their GCSE's, which could cause much unnecessary stress and instead reserve that for A-Level. I havn't a notion where you plucked the putting 'someone else down' part from, I don't recall saying anything along the lines of 'You're not worthy for further education if you have to revise for GCSE's' - now that would most definitely be considered as putting the person down.

ReputationRep:
    Err... I've me GCSE's over and done with this good while now . I'm just stating that as the way you've worded your post, it's as if you're advising me on how to study for my GCSE's lol But no, I didn't revise for my GCSE's at all. Of course I had the intentions, but I was in full blown procrastination mode during that period of time; thus no revision actually commenced.
    I know you done yours, but don't advise other people not to revise for theirs.

ReputationRep:
    I was definitely expecting a lecture from the OP of the thread when I clicked on this! Hahaha!

ReputationRep:
    Err... I've me GCSE's over and done with this good while now . I'm just stating that as the way you've worded your post, it's as if you're advising me on how to study for my GCSE's lol But no, I didn't revise for my GCSE's at all. Of course I had the intention, but I was in full blown procrastination mode during that period of time; thus no revision actually commenced.

Also, you've interpreted my post wrong; I was advising the person to not put so much effort into their GCSE's, which could cause much unnecessary stress and instead reserve that for A-Level. I havn't a notion where you plucked the putting 'someone else down' part from, I don't recall saying anything along the lines of 'You're not worthy for further education if you have to revise for GCSE's' - now that would most definitely be considered as putting the person down.
    He didn't say he was stressed, it's actually good for the guy to develop a good work ethic so he makes it easier for himself. I never said you was wrong, I just don't agree with sailing through GCSEs, yes it is simple but everyone is meant to pass them! A Levels do include tonnes of work, I know you said that but what I'm saying is it's good to develop a work ethic. That's all.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=LifeIsGood;30763731]He didn't say he was stressed, it's actually good for the guy to develop a good work ethic so he makes it easier for himself. I never said you was wrong, I just don't agree with sailing through GCSEs, yes it is simple but everyone is meant to pass them! A Levels do include tonnes of work, I know you said that but what I'm saying is it's good to develop a work ethic. That's all.[/QUOTE]

You also said I was 'putting him down', which was entirely untrue. That's the point I'm getting at, rather than the whole GCSE is easier than A-Level which is quite irrelevant at this point.

ReputationRep:
    I have four exams in the summer and am commencing revision as of Monday.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.