Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Became British today, how should one celebrate, the first day of the rest of my life?

cheers for any input & have a good day!

ReputationRep:
    Asian people don't deserve the right to be granted British citizenship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pressure)
    Asian people don't deserve the right to be granted British citizenship.
    You are actually a little correct - all they ever do is come and get extra time on exams and ruin the chances of any non Asian getting above 90%.

I mean they are great people but they only do come here to escape the competitive nature of places like China because they know they are not good enough to succeed there. I am sorry but it is the truth in a lot of cases.

ReputationRep:
    Do it the British way.

Get pissed. If your hospitalized, you win.

ReputationRep:
    i dont see what the big deal of getting a british citizenship is. its not like youre actually british now, its only easier living here.. you cant escape your ethnicity.

ReputationRep:
    This is a cause for celebration:eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    Celebrate by burning your passport. COMMIT TO YOUR NEW HOME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperiorHuman)
    You are actually a little correct - all they ever do is come and get extra time on exams and ruin the chances of any non Asian getting above 90%.

I mean they are great people but they only do come here to escape the competitive nature of places like China because they know they are not good enough to succeed there. I am sorry but it is the truth in a lot of cases.
    True. Then again there's more to life than just exam & work.

ReputationRep:
    Go on holiday abroad? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Celebrate by doing something you enjoy, don't conform to a stereotype of what's british.
    Or, sit down in front of the telly with a microwave curry and a beer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzayBT)
    i dont see what the big deal of getting a british citizenship is. its not like youre actually british now, its only easier living here.. you cant escape your ethnicity.
    In a sense we're all people living here, and it makes sense to get it, seeing as its somewhere I want to work, and perhaps spend the rest of my life in. I'm very much proud of my heritage - like you said nothing really changed, nor did I expect it to change like a flicker of switch. Merely happy to be part of something.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.