Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Can someone please forward me their letter that they've sent to dentist, asking for work experience???

Im struggling to find work experience within BRADFORD!!!

Eagerly waiting......:/

Sadia

ReputationRep:
    I struggling to find any as well. Any help would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    Go round dental practices and ask! Its not difficult...

Sending out letters is a waste of time.

(Original post by Cheesecakefactory)
    I struggling to find any as well. Any help would be nice.
    (Original post by Sadia 321)
    Hi there,

Can someone please forward me their letter that they've sent to dentist, asking for work experience???

Sadia
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't have my letter saved to this laptop, but I've secured dental work experience.

Firstly, along with a normal CV that I assume you have for jobs/school needs, you'll need a cover letter which you'll put in front of your CV and send along.

I structured mine like this...
    - Firstly I explained the practical side of the work experience I was looking for. For how long, when, what times I'm available etc. Its best to put whether you want ongoing experience here, or if you're looking for 2 weeks in the holidays, for example.
    - Then I put WHY I want work experience. Not just because its another box to tick off for University admissions, but because I'm interested in widening my depth of knowledge about the dental profession, in order to aid me in my future career choice. You can put things specifically suited to where you're applying here, for example when I was sending my letter to my Orthodontist, I said I wanted to learn more about a dental speciality.

My advice is for work experience, you often have to push. I tried my own Dentist and Orthodontist first (as they knew me this was beneficial), and I got 2 weeks in at my dentists and ongoing at my Orthodontist, every other Wednesday.
    If they don't get back to you after 2 weeks maximum, I'd ring them up. Often a more direct response works - they can easily throw letters away but they have to answer phone calls in case its a patient.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sadia 321)
    Hi there,

Sadia
    Cummon girl it's not hard :P

Dear [Practice managers name],

I, Sadia Sirname am a year x student hoping to pursue a career in Dentistry. Any work shadowing would be greatly beneficial to me in terms of both experience and for my application.
    I would be grateful if you would allow me to observe and shadow at your practice at any time suitable for you.

Thank you for your time

Yours faithfully

Sadia Sirname

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheatworld)
    My advice is for work experience, you often have to push. I tried my own Dentist and Orthodontist first (as they knew me this was beneficial), and I got 2 weeks in at my dentists and ongoing at my Orthodontist, every other Wednesday.
    If they don't get back to you after 2 weeks maximum, I'd ring them up. Often a more direct response works - they can easily throw letters away but they have to answer phone calls in case its a patient. Good luck!
    So true.

Its even better to visit the practice and ask to speak to the dentist themselves, not a receptionist who doesn't have the authority to give you w/e so just says no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Occlusal)
    So true.

Its even better to visit the practice and ask to speak to the dentist themselves, not a receptionist who doesn't have the authority to give you w/e so just says no.
    Absolutely agree with this...dentists are much more inclined to care about helping you if you take the initiative and show them what you're about in person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheatworld)
    I don't have my letter saved to this laptop, but I've secured dental work experience.

Firstly, along with a normal CV that I assume you have for jobs/school needs, you'll need a cover letter which you'll put in front of your CV and send along.

I structured mine like this...
    - Firstly I explained the practical side of the work experience I was looking for. For how long, when, what times I'm available etc. Its best to put whether you want ongoing experience here, or if you're looking for 2 weeks in the holidays, for example.
    - Then I put WHY I want work experience. Not just because its another box to tick off for University admissions, but because I'm interested in widening my depth of knowledge about the dental profession, in order to aid me in my future career choice. You can put things specifically suited to where you're applying here, for example when I was sending my letter to my Orthodontist, I said I wanted to learn more about a dental speciality.

If they don't get back to you after 2 weeks maximum, I'd ring them up. Often a more direct response works - they can easily throw letters away but they have to answer phone calls in case its a patient.

Good luck!
    Thanks for your help

Just going to get a list of nearby dentist and cover letter/cv, and go to them direct!!

Hope I hear from someone soon after!!!

Cheers

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 19, 2011

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.