Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have been invited for an interview next week.

Anybody had this interview before that could offer me some advice?

I have a written test, a 5 minute presentation and a formal interview.

all help is welcome and appreciated greatly

x

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have an interview in a couple of days. Can you remember what your interview was like? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi!! I have an upcoming interview too. Lest this be the thread of unanswered interview tip hopefuls, could you please shed some light on your interview day? Qns you were asked? And about your presentation? What did you talk about? I was considering doing the 'area of maths i'm interested in', but i'm not sure whether to talk about why I was interested in it or just explain what the topic was about.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    OP has not visitied this forum in 5 years.... I wouldn't hold out for a respose...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S27)
    OP has not visitied this forum in 5 years.... I wouldn't hold out for a respose...
    Since there was another person, 'nooooni', who had their interview more recently, I figured i'd try them too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noooni)
    Hi! I have an interview in a couple of days. Can you remember what your interview was like? Thanks
    Noooni, help me please? My qn is posted above just underneath yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s4shu101)
    Noooni, help me please? My qn is posted above just underneath yours.
    Noooni hasn't visited the forum since their post above in April.

I believe the rules of the forum prevent people from posting specific interview questions etc anyway.

Maths is such a shortage subject that the university won't be looking to catch people out during interviews. In all likelihood, they have spaces for everyone that they are interviewing. They primarily interview to ensure that candidates have what it takes to be successful on the course. Can you talk passionately about your subject? Are you able to stand up in front of people and speak with clarity? This is to ensure that you are not going to fall apart as soon as you have to teach a class. The content of the presentation is unlikely to matter too much unless you include something that it is mathematically or grammatically incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pierson)
    Noooni hasn't visited the forum since their post above in April.

I believe the rules of the forum prevent people from posting specific interview questions etc anyway.

Maths is such a shortage subject that the university won't be looking to catch people out during interviews. In all likelihood, they have spaces for everyone that they are interviewing. They primarily interview to ensure that candidates have what it takes to be successful on the course. Can you talk passionately about your subject? Are you able to stand up in front of people and speak with clarity? This is to ensure that you are not going to fall apart as soon as you have to teach a class. The content of the presentation is unlikely to matter too much unless you include something that it is mathematically or grammatically incorrect.
    I do know that it's a shortage subject but because of the bursary incentive, there seems to be a lot more applicants. Add that with the pressure of being last minute, I'm a bag of nerves! But thank you anyhow! I'm just gonna look at your message everytime I worry!!
    Thanks again!! So so so much!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by s4shu101)
    I do know that it's a shortage subject but because of the bursary incentive, there seems to be a lot more applicants. Add that with the pressure of being last minute, I'm a bag of nerves! But thank you anyhow! I'm just gonna look at your message everytime I worry!!
    Thanks again!! So so so much!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There aren't a lot of applicants. Places will be left unfilled.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.