Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pale vs Tanned. Fake tanners, please! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Way too many people end up looking like oompa loompas when they fake tan... but as long as you don't use too much it's OK. Although I think pale skinned girls are much hotter anyway, so stay like that!!!

ReputationRep:
    The pleasant Mediterranean climate attracts a large number of tourists each year. With an average of 270 sunny days per year, Bar is one of the Mediterranean’s sunniest towns.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar,_Montenegro
    I guess girls (and guys) in my town have no need to tan there are pale people and pale is nice for a change (but not like paper-white people really). Whatever is natural and not too much, I like.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly pale, especially my legs. I tried using the gradual tan-building moisturiser, but I didn't like the smell. If I even attempted to use actual fake-tan, I know it would be a disaster. I dunno, I quite like being pale.

ReputationRep:
    All girls that use fake tan look like Jordan styled, Essex based tramps (unless it is professionally applied). Natural beats fake every day.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Simple, natural = better. In all regards.

Work the pale, no one wants to date a walking Tango advert

ReputationRep:
    natural girls are :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Pale can be beautiful*, but for some reason I just can't pull it off. I think I was born to be in the sun - I was a golden child! I've been pale for the past couple of years, after there was a huge boom of tan equalling chav, but now I'd do anything to have sunkissed skin again! I tried fake tan once but it smelt awful and the colour wasn't great, so now I'm going to make the most of the little sunshine we have here in good old England...

*case in point: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...t:429,r:19,s:0

ReputationRep:
    How on earth do you expect to be able to attract a famous footballer for a boyfriend without looking like you've fallen in a vat of orange paint?

I'm afraid you'll just have to suck it up stick to regular guys from now on.

ReputationRep:
    I find that moisturisers with a gradual tan element gives the best most natural tan.

Disclaimer: I only tan for Ballroom Comps

ReputationRep:
    I hate being pale. :sad:

And I am very pale. Arab indeed.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty pale.
    I used to fake tan every now and then, but I'm far too lazy. So much effort :yawn:

I'm quite happy with the colour I am, I don't really wanna spend time/money trying to change it, seems a bit silly to me :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It's better to be pale than end up looking orange like David Dickinson:

You're either tanned or your not. :cheeky:

ReputationRep:
    My legs are literally white; it's been so long since they saw the sun...
    I like being pale though! I think it suits me. I can't even imagine myself with a tan, but I think it would be odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superfrank)
    I'm fairly pale thanks to my mother's Scottish descent and unfortunately do not follow my father's Italian descent unlike the rest of his side of the family (all very dark!)

I'm not one for sunbeds and I definitely don't bake in the sun because I get boredddd far too easily and because skin cancer is NOT on my to-do list.

I've used fake tan over winter at uni but in the sun it just looks awful and patchy - no matter what I use!

I've ended my relationship with fake tan and am now searching for a way to work the pale look. Girls, what is your take on summer skin?
    Ah, it's good to know that I'm not the only Scottish/Italian user with an (presuming?) English accent! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpunkyVanDros)
    pale in my humble opinion is more sophisticated and classy as a lot of the girls in the UK are glowing orange ... but girls with naturally darker skin should also work it and not try to be paler.
    THIS. Happiness in what you have FTW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Ah, it's good to know that I'm not the only Scottish/Italian user with an (presuming?) English accent! :p:
    I do indeed have an English accent! Haha if only I got the tanned skin!

EDIT: Oh my God. How has this been given a negative rating and negged?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superfrank)
    I do indeed have an English accent! Haha if only I got the tanned skin!
    Don't think you need to worry about it. We're supposed to be pale and there is t a lot wrong with it! Although it is somewhat ironic, being a quarter Italian. I'm the least Italian looking person ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Don't think you need to worry about it. We're supposed to be pale and there is t a lot wrong with it! Although it is somewhat ironic, being a quarter Italian. I'm the least Italian looking person ever!
    Lol yes same! ALLLLL my dad's side of the family are so brown! I have the dark hair and dark eyes and then this pale skin haha xx

ReputationRep:
    I like being pale! All my friends are tanned or CAN tan and they always say it looks much more sophisticated and interesting to be pale

I personally like having my hair dark to contrast with the pale skin. Also, a product I really like is Lush's Silky Stockings, which is like a pinkish shimmery body tint. Makes your skin look really sort of glowing and ethereal.

ReputationRep:
    Pale + redhead + olive/green coloured eyes = GODDESS

Anyway, stay natural. Fake tan's are just so urgh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.