Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how do some people manage to get a licence? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    They're **** drivers, but manage to focus for a single day to pass their test. Then they go back to being **** drivers.
    This is the case for most bad drivers. They manage to have a good day at the time they do their test then go back to being rubbish drivers for the rest of their life. Some people shouldnt be on the roads if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Alot of people pick up bad habits once they get a licence. I tend to find van drivers are idiots who think tailgating is acceptable :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that on a ddual carriageway it isn't necessary to indicate to go into the left lane (when overtaking) as you're returning to the normal driving position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iPodAddict93)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that on a ddual carriageway it isn't necessary to indicate to go into the left lane (when overtaking) as you're returning to the normal driving position?
    Still need to indicate if there is other traffic, especially on a 30mph dual carriageway

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting that so many people have said that you should always check your blind spot when changing lanes on the motorway. Personally I rarely bother - I spend a lot of time using my mirrors (a lot more than in other environments) so I normally have a clear picture of what's going on around me. If I'm in any doubt or I'm joining a motorway then I will check, but a lot of the time I don't find it necessary. I'm not saying that I'm doing things the correct way, and it's been nearly six years since I passed my test so I can't remember what my instructor taught me! Does no one else find that when turning to check the blind spot they tend to turn the steering wheel a little?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurlyBen)
    It's interesting that so many people have said that you should always check your blind spot when changing lanes on the motorway. Personally I rarely bother - I spend a lot of time using my mirrors (a lot more than in other environments) so I normally have a clear picture of what's going on around me. If I'm in any doubt or I'm joining a motorway then I will check, but a lot of the time I don't find it necessary. I'm not saying that I'm doing things the correct way, and it's been nearly six years since I passed my test so I can't remember what my instructor taught me! Does no one else find that when turning to check the blind spot they tend to turn the steering wheel a little?
    I don't turn the steering wheel, as I don't really turn my body.

I usually do a check of my blind spot, unless I can be certain it is clear (e.g. night drivings, with only 3 other cars around which I know the position of, or if I have watched a car overtake me in my mirror, meaning I know exactly what is behind).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.