Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I hope this is the right forum to post in!

My friend was attacked in a nightclub almost four months ago. The doormen made my friend's attacker leave the club and my friend sat outside where a policeman saw him and asked the problem etc.

Basically, my friend provided the policeman with his details to speak the next day when he was feeling better. He received no phone call as promised. My friend phoned the station and left his details again but has still received no response.

I was just wondering, where does my friend stand with this? Are police under any sort of duty to record incidents they 'come across' whilst out on duty? In particular, do thy have duty to contact us (as promised)? None of us really know where he stands or how we can help him, obviously the 4 months issue is a concern now, too.

Thank you for advice you may have
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Depends is your friend pressing charges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Depends is your friend pressing charges?
    one the one hand he wants to, which is why he's worrying a little about the time that has since passed, but on the other hand he is unsure as to whether he should press charges or not because the person who attacked him lives close, etc. and seems the type of person who would make life hell for him!

ReputationRep:
    just tell your friend to go down the police station in person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    just tell your friend to go down the police station in person.
    This

ReputationRep:
    Tell your friend to stop referring to himself in third person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    Tell your friend to stop referring to himself in third person.
    thanks for the advice, i'll tell myself that :s
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by LXXXVIII)
    one the one hand he wants to, which is why he's worrying a little about the time that has since passed, but on the other hand he is unsure as to whether he should press charges or not because the person who attacked him lives close, etc. and seems the type of person who would make life hell for him!
    Well as others have said I'd say to go to the station. Make sure he has the officers name and such. And make sure he knows if he wants to press charges or not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.