Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    So when are they gunna help us?!?
    In a few years time when they pay back the loan with interest, thus we have a high chance of making a profit out of this loan.

ReputationRep:
    Money is not in short supply, there are trees everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    not till we get maddie back!

ReputationRep:
    Because the uk are the biggest charity cases out
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    if we don't help other countries, who's going to help the selfish nation when everything goes to pot over here? it's not just other people they're looking after, it's in their interests to help other countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    If they do, I swear I will vote BNP next time.

Why is it we can afford a war in Afghanistan and Libya, and we can now afford to find £4 billion to bail out Portugal but we do not have enough money to support our students at university or the weak and vulnerable in our hospitals?

Edit: Well, clearly that was controversial. :confused:
    I do understand the difference between structural deficit and cyclical deficit, but perhaps then that system then should be changed. Excuse my simplistic view, but at the end of the day, money is money and it should be shared according to what is best for society. And at the moment, I don't believe the government has struck the right balance, although I admit that it was Brown's doing not Cameron's.
    It's not about controversial.

It's simply the fact that you think that the BNP are a solution to any of our problems. Well I'm assuming that's why you've been negged. I didn't neg you because I've run out but I would of done.

Why make this anything to do with the BNP ? Why aren't you voting UKIP next time ?

Saying your view is simplistic is an understatement as well.

On the subject of the OP of course this is bull. This is an astronomical amount of money however we are obliged to do this under EU regulations. I may be in a minority in thinking this however in my opinion the fact we are part of the EU does more good than harm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    if we don't help other countries, who's going to help the selfish nation when everything goes to pot over here? it's not just other people they're looking after, it's in their interests to help other countries.
    I also agree with this.

Remind me to rep you sometime if you want.

ReputationRep:
    All it means is that we will have extra political and economic control over Portugal.

Britain will recieve the money as well as interest back from Portugal

It's a lot more complex than simply giving them free money, and may actually be of benefit to Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    It's not about controversial.

It's simply the fact that you think that the BNP are a solution to any of our problems. Well I'm assuming that's why you've been negged. I didn't neg you because I've run out but I would of done.

Why make this anything to do with the BNP ? Why aren't you voting UKIP next time ?

Saying your view is simplistic is an understatement as well.

On the subject of the OP of course this is bull. This is an astronomical amount of money however we are obliged to do this under EU regulations. I may be in a minority in thinking this however in my opinion the fact we are part of the EU does more good than harm.
    Blimey, I forgot that TSRers took things so seriously. That was a joke and intenational exaggeration.

However, even if I did decide to vote BNP, then who are you to judge?

ReputationRep:
    Blimey, I forgot that TSRers took things so seriously. That was a joke and intenational exaggeration.

However, even if I did decide to vote BNP, then who are you to judge?
    What the hell does this have to do with me being a "TSRer" ? (which you are also btw). If someone I met told me they were voting BNP for a stupid reason like this then I would in fact have given them worse.

Who am I to judge you ? What does that even mean ? You can use that line on anyone and it basically means I don't want to hear what you say. Don't read what comes next then

I thought you were absolutely moronic in your first post. "If this happens I swear I'll vote BNP" ? You sound like a child throwing a tantrum and it's pathetic. You can't even explain how voting BNP would help your situation which is why you were stupid to say it. Just for the record it's not like I'm swearing at you or saying that if you vote BNP I'm gonna do something to you. You can vote for whoever you want but if you really think I'm the only person that will "judge" you for voting BNP then you're wrong. I wont be near the front of the line. What do you know some people have a moral issue with the party ? I could be surprised but somehow I'm not.

On a final note, how is it an "intenational exaggeration" (spell much ?) ? You are saying you will swear. You can't exaggerate a swear, it's either there or it's not. If you do decide to reply I'd appreciate you explaining how you swearing to do something is an intentional exaggeration ?

ReputationRep:
    What the hell does this have to do with me being a "TSRer" ? (which you are also btw). If someone I met told me they were voting BNP for a stupid reason like this then I would in fact have given them worse.

Who am I to judge you ? What does that even mean ? You can use that line on anyone and it basically means I don't want to hear what you say. Don't read what comes next then

I thought you were absolutely moronic in your first post. "If this happens I swear I'll vote BNP" ? You sound like a child throwing a tantrum and it's pathetic. You can't even explain how voting BNP would help your situation which is why you were stupid to say it. Just for the record it's not like I'm swearing at you or saying that if you vote BNP I'm gonna do something to you. You can vote for whoever you want but if you really think I'm the only person that will "judge" you for voting BNP then you're wrong. I wont be near the front of the line. What do you know some people have a moral issue with the party ? I could be surprised but somehow I'm not.

On a final note, how is it an "intenational exaggeration" (spell much ?) ? You are saying you will swear. You can't exaggerate a swear, it's either there or it's not. If you do decide to reply I'd appreciate you explaining how you swearing to do something is an intentional exaggeration ?
    It was sarcasm. Have you never heard that before? If you'd like me to put it into context for you: I was expressing my frustration for the current coalition government by intentionally (happy now?) exaggerating my point. That doesn't mean, however, that I'm going to vote BNP next time. My point about TSRers was that points are often taken more seriously on TSR than they are meant - probably because it's difficult to get across emotions on the internet through tone of voice etc.

And as I said, even if I did decide to vote BNP (which I won't), who are you to judge that I'm a "moron" exactly? That's not a case of me not wanting to hear what you have to say on that matter, by the way - I'm not afraid of criticism - it's a perfectly valid point.

As for your other point: some people have a moral issue with the Catholic Church, but that doesn't give them a right to go around calling Catholics "morons." Excuse the analogy there, but I think it works perfectly well.

ReputationRep:
    It was sarcasm. Have you never heard that before?

If you'd like me to put it into context for you: I was expressing my frustration for the current coalition government by intentionally (happy now?) exaggerating my point. That doesn't mean, however, that I'm going to vote BNP next time.

And as I said, even if I did decide to vote BNP (which I won't), who are you to judge that I'm a "moron" exactly? That's not a case of me not wanting to hear what you have to say on that matter, by the way - I'm not afraid of criticism - it's a perfectly valid point.

As for your other point: some people have a moral issue with the Catholic Church, but that doesn't give them a right to go around calling Catholics "morons." Excuse the analogy there, but I think it works perfectly well.

Being moronic and being a moron are not mutually inclusive. I said you were saying something moronic. I've said moronic things in my time too (usually I admit to it later though :rolleyes:). Never said you were a moron, that would be name calling and mean :rolleyes:

You said nothing about it being sarcastic in your first response. Do you know what an exaggeration is ? You can't exaggerate a swear or a vote like you have claimed in your last two posts. They are either there or they are not. You swear or you don't and you vote for the BNP or you don't. You can exaggerate a smile or laughter, you know things that have levels.

The definition of exaggerate (internet) is "To enlarge or increase to an abnormal degree". How do you do that to a swear or a vote exactly ? Learn the meaning of words before you use them.

I would have no qualms about saying something the catholic church did/said was moronic if it actually was. Maybe I'm just a bad person ? Or maybe I have the right to question what people do when they can't explain it themselves and I take issue with what they say (bearing in mind you're saying it on a public forum).

ReputationRep:
    Being moronic and being a moron are not mutually inclusive. I said you were saying something moronic. I've said moronic things in my time too (usually I admit to it later though :rolleyes:). Never said you were a moron, that would be name calling and mean :rolleyes:

You said nothing about it being sarcastic in your first response. Do you know what an exaggeration is ? You can't exaggerate a swear or a vote like you have claimed in your last two posts. They are either there or they are not. You swear or you don't and you vote for the BNP or you don't. You can exaggerate a smile or laughter, you know things that have levels.

The definition of exaggerate (internet) is "To enlarge or increase to an abnormal degree". How do you do that to a swear or a vote exactly ? Learn the meaning of words before you use them.

I would have no qualms about saying something the catholic church did/said was moronic if it actually was. Maybe I'm just a bad person ? Or maybe I have the right to question what people do when they can't explain it themselves and I take issue with what they say (bearing in mind you're saying it on a public forum).
    Heavens, you do take things seriously. Correct, I used the wrong word. I should have used the world "sarcastic" instead, my heartfelt apologies. I hope you will condescend to forgive me.

And maybe you are indeed a bad person. You can't call something moronic without justifying it, as I'm sure you're aware. Calling my [sarcastic] decision to vote the BNP moronic is wrong unless you can justify that point of view, which you didn't.

ReputationRep:
    Heavens, you do take things seriously. Correct, I used the wrong word. I should have used the world "sarcastic" instead, my heartfelt apologies. I hope you will condescend to forgive me.

And maybe you are indeed a bad person. You can't call something moronic without justifying it, as I'm sure you're aware. Calling my [sarcastic] decision to vote the BNP moronic is wrong unless you can justify that point of view, which you didn't.

This is an internet forum. All I have to judge you on are your words, as you have for me. How am I supposed to tell you're being sarcastic without you using some sort of smiley or some sort of inflection ? It's not like I can hear your sarcastic tone or see your relaxed body language is it ?

All I had was "I swear I will vote BNP" and the bold bit isn't really indicative of sarcastic writing. You should practice your sarcasm because I doubt jokes about voting for the BNP will go down well at any university. Might want to work on getting the right word within the first two attempts as well.

ReputationRep:
    This is an internet forum. All I have to judge you on are your words, as you have for me. How am I supposed to tell you're being sarcastic without you using some sort of smiley or some sort of inflection ? It's not like I can hear your sarcastic tone or see your relaxed body language is it ?

All I had was "I swear I will vote BNP" and the bold bit isn't really indicative of sarcastic writing. You should practice your sarcasm because I doubt jokes about voting for the BNP will go down well at any university. Might want to work on getting the right word within the first two attempts as well.
    Oh, take a hike. You must have one huge insecurity complex.

ReputationRep:
    Should the Uk really be worried when Spain could go bankrupt?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.