Turn on thread page Beta

Upset over my lack of social life... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    I'd rather be ostracised and pursue my own interests, as opposed to being accepted for engaging with supposed banal "common" interests.

You are my new idol, starting from today :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    go to a party or hold a party yourself have a drink and maybe you will come out of your shell

Oh, I have the same problem too. Hmm, maybe you could join some book club if you're into reading? I'm going to do that.

Another thing is you might want to speak to a cousellor or something. I've just arranged a counselling session at uni.

But you know, what will really make you feel better is chat to your friends. I've no friends at uni (sigh) and try as I may, I just can't get people to accept me.

And yeah, you might want to get a new interest. I now spend all my time at Waterstones reading philosophy and I think it's worthwhile analysing something new.

ReputationRep:
    I only have one friend who 's in none of my lessons and hardly ever in college the same time as me. She hates to go out. And now we've fallen out. fml.

Same as you thought, whenever I would chance to sit with some other people I won't talk..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    I'm gonna try, but I don't know who to ask and what we should do. Money is really tight for my best friend so I don't know what we could do really lol. They do wanna meet up because we're always saying at school that we'll go shopping in the holidays and that we'll meet up but they never say anything to me so it's always gotta be me asking and I hate that.
    Well with the really nice weather at the moment, if you have a local park then how about just hanging out there? That doesn't involve spending any money.
    Maybe the reason they don't arrange anything is that they feel the same as you - they're not sure anyone else really wants to because no one ever says anything. Maybe if someone takes the initiative things will start happening more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely_cupid)
    You are my new idol, starting from today :danceboy:
    she's 14. LOL

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.