Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When I put a DVD in (it's a TV with a DVD player built in if that makes any difference) the blue screen comes up and it says 'reading' as usual but then nothing happens aside from it making a weird squeaky noise. If I wait long enough it then says 'no disc'. It was working perfectly last night and nothing has happened to it in the mean time :confused: I've tried turning it off, using a different DVD etc. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    you could try buying a lens cleaner or something like that.

otherwise go on freecycle and get a standalone dvd plater, we have 4 or 5 spare ones lying around our house

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I will try that, I think we probably have a spare one somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I will try that.

ReputationRep:
    The DVD Player is not reading you CD. This means the format in the CD is not compatible with ur player or its damaged. Put some other CD which worked before and see if it still works.

Better is to a buy a standalone system dvd system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olympus123456)
    The DVD Player is not reading you CD. This means the format in the CD is not compatible with ur player or its damaged. Put some other CD which worked before and see if it still works.

Better is to a buy a standalone system dvd system.
    Thanks but I already said I've tried other discs and the same problem occurs.

ReputationRep:
    To me, it sounds like a mechanical fault! If it didn't recognise the disc or the lens needed cleaning then it wouldn't make noises. Making noises it shouldn't = a shot mechanism.

If you bought the DVD/TV combi as a space-saver, rather than separate units (space invaders), then just use the DVD player in your PC/laptop.

ReputationRep:
    This man will help.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.