Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emzy)
    Ah cool what you studying?
    Business management (in company) what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkrichard)
    Room 243 You can make the hungover dash to lectures with me :L
    Do you have facebook? Message me your name
    Haha! i am so looking forward to this dash! Your just above then thats not too bad!

Yeah i sure do
    Shona Woodhead - add me on there its easier to talk on there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShonaAnne92)
    Business management (in company) what about you?
    Cool, I'm doing psychology. Are you on the sandby freshers group on facebook? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bexo)
    heyy! just wondering are the flats like split up? or is it one big corridor? x
    There's 4 flats on each floor.
    When you first go into Sandby the receptions right in the middle and 2 flats are to the left down a corridor and 2 flats are to the right down another. And each of those flats down the corridor are split up by a door in the middle where the kitchens and common rooms are if that makes sense?
    The 2 flats down each corridor have a kitchen each and share a common room.
    They're split up like this - rooms 1-6 and 23-28 which is my flat at the moment share one kitchen and rooms 9-14 and 15-21 share the other kitchen.
    They're set up like squares the flats and its the same one each level.
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachrachrach)
    It's good cause we wont be near the building works which are on the other side - cause they're knocking student union down in january 2012. and there#s a road seperating Hampden and Sandby so it'll be fine...
    mmm, you just wait til its 4am and hampden are still blaring they're music out over the balconies...!
    Hampden are oppostie me at the moment. i detest them all!
    don't worry its not that bad.. If you're the SU side you get music shaking your room on the nights its open til 4am too! and its really super duper fun for them when its screamo night! haha.x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    Im by the stairs i think, just picked first one i saw! :eek:

I didnt see any lifts tho
    It's cool, we're not allowerd to use the lifts anyway! god knows why its there..
    there's no buttons on the outside to press?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashalouise2109)
    How is it sharing a kitchen with so many people? I have just booked into room 102
    it's fine actually.
    I was a bit worried to start with but we're never all in there trying to cook together, it would be a nightmare then!
    You get a lockable cupboard each. Fridge and freezers are a bit cramped, half a shelf each, we divided it up to be fair. It especially bad at the beginning of the year when everyone actually has money for food.. now we don't so its empty!
    one microwave. one oven. 8 hob thingy's. toaster. kettle.
    you can put mini fridges in your rooms too which is good cause sometimes food gets nicked which is pissing annoying but what can you do! its not that bad though! think its drunk people roaming around for pizza and icecream at 4am... x

ReputationRep:
    Can you walk straight through into the SU from Sandby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ejingle)
    It's cool, we're not allowerd to use the lifts anyway! god knows why its there..
    there's no buttons on the outside to press?!
    Thats weird lol

Cheers for the reply though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mac'x)
    I'm in 154, anyone near? or on the 1st floor? :-)
    I'm 156 hello next-door-but-one neighbour! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nbagnall)
    Can you walk straight through into the SU from Sandby?
    Nope, afraid not. Which is annoying! But theres a back exit near the laundry room and it takes about 20 seconds til your in the SU anyway from there!

ReputationRep:
    is it true the SU's being closed for next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jh27)
    is it true the SU's being closed for next year?
    I hope not!! how did you find that out? They are doing work tho aren't they...so I'm guessing they are doing work on that!

ReputationRep:
    i seen it on a facebook page i think, hopefully it doesnt get closed so i can go for a drink without having to treck!

ReputationRep:
    heyy im in room 128 Sandby hall,doing psychology with criminology add me on fb if you like, Amber Black Dominique (long name :P) xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livwilliams1991)
    I'm 156 hello next-door-but-one neighbour! :P
    yayy! I've found 2 neighbours now, theres a facebook group if you're not in it :-) https://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php...02506613149105

what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nbagnall)
    Booked Sandby aswell, 1st floor room 46. I'm doing Design for Film and Television, so it's topdog with Waverly right close!
    You are in my flat I'm doing graphic design in Waverley too
    The rooms in our flat are 129- 156 btw... I'm 156

See you in September I suppose x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mac'x)
    yayy! I've found 2 neighbours now, theres a facebook group if you're not in it :-) https://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php...02506613149105

what are you studying?
    I'm doing graphic design, you? And where you coming from? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jh27)
    i seen it on a facebook page i think, hopefully it doesnt get closed so i can go for a drink without having to treck!
    The SU is getting demolished around January time to start building a new one, plans are trying to be set up for someone else to take over climax at a venue within the city centre from what i've heard about so far. But as of January you won't have the student union as a building if not before, depending on when they move them out.

But you will get a Wetherspoons open at the corner of Peel Street by the time you all start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livwilliams1991)
    You are in my flat I'm doing graphic design in Waverley too
    The rooms in our flat are 129- 156 btw... I'm 156

See you in September I suppose x
    Hey

ah sweet, so we've just gotta find everyone else!

Where are you from?

Are you looking forward to it?

x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 29, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.