Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

Right, I know that my question might be annoying as people in the forum tend to ask similar questions all the time, but the reasons I am asking is because, although I do my own research and everything I always appreciate it if someone can help me through personal experience or simply due the fact that I am not English and sometimes I still get confused over stuff.

So, I am in my 3rd year International Relations and Politics and as it seems right now most probably I'll get 2:2(not that I won't try to go for 2:1) but I have decided to change my area of study for various reasons. Therefore I've decided that I want to do masters in International Marketing and/or tourism.

So far I've got conditional offer for Msc International Marketing with Tourism and Events at Edinburgh Napier, which was my main choice anyway. The course attracts me firstly because they request only 2:2, then you can spend one trimester in Edinburgh and one in Nice France, which should be a great experience and on the top of this is that the tuition fee is not as expensive as most courses in England.

Now, question is, first, what do you think of Napier in general? From what I've read it sounds pretty good uni(but then again which uni will actually say that it's crap) but some of my friends were like 'ooh I thought you were going to the proper uni of Edinburgh and Napier is more like Oxford Brooks when compared to Oxford uni' etc.
    And secondly, would you recommend any other universities with similar programs? For example what do you think of the University of Bournemouth or Robert Gordon in Aberdeen or the Canterbury Christ Church Uni? Of course feel free to suggest any other, but those are just the few which I've looked at. Things which I would consider when applying for certain uni will be where the uni is situated(i.e. bigger cities or not) and how prestigious are they within the field. Of course money also matters and let's say I apply for Bournemouth and Edinburgh and BU is a little bit more prestigious but almost twice as expensive, it's small city and far away from large city, then I think I'd rather go with Edinburgh since it's big touristic place and one would think the city should offer more opportunities, but that's just the way I see it.

Okay I realize that I've written an essay and they won't be many people who would bother to read it, but whoever does and decides to help I will really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    hey,
    to be honest, i don't know much about the uni's involved, but it's obvious that you like the course at Napier, and if you think it's right for you, then go for it!

for courses at other uni's try findamasters.com site or something similar, perhaps that will suggest alternatives.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.