Turn on thread page Beta

Smoking when pregnant-your views. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    my opinion is that it's completely disgusting to smoke whilst pregnant, and also to smoke around your children. People should put their kids health first.
    Sorry but this kind of opinion really pisses me off. Pregnancy causes a lot of pain to the mother, if the mother is a smoker and is forced to quit for nine months, she'll be incredibly stressed, and this stress is worse for the baby than a bit of smoke, which is very unlikely to have any effect on the baby at all.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Wilberforce)
    Sorry but this kind of opinion really pisses me off. Pregnancy causes a lot of pain to the mother, if the mother is a smoker and is forced to quit for nine months, she'll be incredibly stressed, and this stress is worse for the baby than a bit of smoke, which is very unlikely to have any effect on the baby at all.
    that's a load of *******s.

ReputationRep:
    that's a load of *******s.
    Oh thanks for the abuse and the neg rep :rolleyes: And for not even offering a counter-argument.

ReputationRep:
    As a smoker I find it very disturbing that people would smoke when they are pregnant. I'm 21 and don't plan on quitting anytime soon... BUT if I did become pregnant I would stop immediately and seek help on quitting. I hate it when I see others smoking around kids, mums smoking while pushing their prams, or even dads at the park, I couldn't harm such an innocent child's life with the smoke I choose to inhale.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Oh thanks for the abuse and the neg rep :rolleyes: And for not even offering a counter-argument.
    I didn't need to offer a counter argument, because what you said was so unbelievably ridiculous. Any idiot knows that second hand smoke is dangerous, and there have been many studies made about the dangers of smoking whilst pregnant.
    If you choose to ignore the facts, and go on about "it's going to cause the mother stress" instead, then really, there is no need for a counter argument, because you're talking crap.

I'm a mother of 3 and I've done a great DEAL of research about all aspects of pregnancy. It's the sort of thing you do when you're preparing for a baby you know. Clearly.
    Whilst researching all things pregnancy related, I've come across a hell of a lot of information to do with the dangers of smoking whilst pregnant.
    So I'm pretty darned sure I have a good idea of the fact that it's very much a no-no.

But....get this....even if I HADN'T done any pregnancy related research, I would still be of the same opinion, because...news flash....SMOKING KILLS.

And in terms of stress during pregnancy, don't come it. That's a lame arse excuse from people who don't want to quit. Many people, many hundreds of THOUSANDS of people, successfully manage to quit smoking, and don't go through 9 months worth of "stress".
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    furthermore, I didn't give you any "abuse". I didn't insult you personally. I said that what you had written was a load of *******s. And it was. I stand by that.

The neg rep was for the stupidity of your statement.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't need to offer a counter argument, because what you said was so unbelievably ridiculous. Any idiot knows that second hand smoke is dangerous, and there have been many studies made about the dangers of smoking whilst pregnant.
    If you choose to ignore the facts, and go on about "it's going to cause the mother stress" instead, then really, there is no need for a counter argument, because you're talking crap.

I'm a mother of 3 and I've done a great DEAL of research about all aspects of pregnancy. It's the sort of thing you do when you're preparing for a baby you know. Clearly.
    Whilst researching all things pregnancy related, I've come across a hell of a lot of information to do with the dangers of smoking whilst pregnant.
    So I'm pretty darned sure I have a good idea of the fact that it's very much a no-no.

But....get this....even if I HADN'T done any pregnancy related research, I would still be of the same opinion, because...news flash....SMOKING KILLS.

And in terms of stress during pregnancy, don't come it. That's a lame arse excuse from people who don't want to quit. Many people, many hundreds of THOUSANDS of people, successfully manage to quit smoking, and don't go through 9 months worth of "stress".
    You are in no position to comment on the stress of giving up smoking when you have never smoked yourself. And the whole thing about 'second hand smoke' is utter, utter rubbish fabricated as by the 'anti-smoking crowd' and used by the government to implement the law banning smoking in public places. There is no evidence that second hand smoke does any harm at all you ignorant, ignorant person. And of course it isn't advised to smoke when pregnant; there are small risks, but there is an incredibly insignificant chance of it actually effecting the baby at all. Yes, a lot of women who smoke give birth prematurely etc, but so do an equal number of women who have never smoked. A lot of people in the world have an anti-smoking agenda, and are using it to cloud your judgement. I don't even smoke myself, but I can see through the rubbish and lies.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    You are in no position to comment on the stress of giving up smoking when you have never smoked yourself. And the whole thing about 'second hand smoke' is utter, utter rubbish fabricated as by the 'anti-smoking crowd' and used by the government to implement the law banning smoking in public places. There is no evidence that second hand smoke does any harm at all you ignorant, ignorant person. And of course it isn't advised to smoke when pregnant; there are small risks, but there is an incredibly insignificant chance of it actually effecting the baby at all. Yes, a lot of women who smoke give birth prematurely etc, but so do an equal number of women who have never smoked. A lot of people in the world have an anti-smoking agenda, and are using it to cloud your judgement. I don't even smoke myself, but I can see through the rubbish and lies.
    You spout this tosh, and then call ME ignorant?

lmao

okay, lets agree to disagree. I can't debate with somebody dilusional.

ReputationRep:

lmao

Likewise, I can't debate with someone who has been conditioned into believing whatever rubbish the media spouts about smoking.

ReputationRep:

lmao

He's been banned now- LOL. Thanks for your opinion...s though. ;-) I share them-it's not something I do but if I did, I defo wouldn't do it when expecting!

ReputationRep:
    It's incredibly selfish IMO.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine my mum always smoked when she was preggers with me and it never did me any harm.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.