Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im having another tattoo, and I've decided what I'm having just wondering where abouts i should have it.

`Take these broken wings and learn to fly.`

^ that is what I'm having, my first is on my left hand side so where should I have this one? And it cant be on my arms, and I need to be able to cover it up.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how big.. It seems quite fitting to have somewhere on your back.. so perhaps the lower region of your neck? (http://www.tattootalent.com/images/n...o%20design.jpg)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe your ribs? Although that really does hurt! I got one done there about a year ago!

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere but the thigh! I always think that looks quite slutty on girls. Maybe round your ankle if it will fit?

ReputationRep:
    I've decided I'm having it on my ribs going from back to front, booked it and having it a week on saturday!

ReputationRep:
    On one side of your back just beneath shoulder :yep:
    It's such a lovely lyric to choose btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartskippedabeat)
    On one side of your back just beneath shoulder :yep:
    It's such a lovely lyric to choose btw!
    Thank you

I've decided its going on my right hand side ribs, all ready got one on my left hand side.

ReputationRep:
    On your upper back perhaps? where wings generally go...

ReputationRep:
    `Take these broken wings and learn to fly.`
    Beatles :love:

Love the idea of it on your ribs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsamemario666)
    On your upper back perhaps? where wings generally go...
    The whole on the top of my back thing, where wings go is kind of ovbious, I don't want it to be like that, as its more than what the lyrics are, its personal to me and means much more than mending wings.

So I've decided on my ribs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesioo)
    Beatles :love:

Love the idea of it on your ribs.
    Thank you I love the beatles, already got a `let it be` one

ReputationRep:
    surely on your back where wings would be if you had them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    surely on your back where wings would be if you had them?
    Thats just to ovbious, the lyrics `Take these broken wings and learn to fly` arn't about wings to me, its much more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missnatalie1710)
    Thats just to ovbious, the lyrics `Take these broken wings and learn to fly` arn't about wings to me, its much more.
    fair enough, I don't think obvious is necessarily bad but if you wouldn't be happy with it then it would be stupid. just saw you said you were going to go for ribs, thats meant to hurt a lot so good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    fair enough, I don't think obvious is necessarily bad but if you wouldn't be happy with it then it would be stupid. just saw you said you were going to go for ribs, thats meant to hurt a lot so good luck
    Already had one on my left hand ribs - didn't hurt at all so I'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

I've decided its going on my right hand side ribs, all ready got one on my left hand side.
    Sounds really nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartskippedabeat)
    Sounds really nice!
    thank youuu

ReputationRep:
    Already had one on my left hand ribs - didn't hurt at all so I'll be fine
    You are soooo lucky!! I had one done on my ribs a year ago and it was pure pain! Never felt anything like it and I have quite a high pain threshold lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *twinkletoes*)
    You are soooo lucky!! I had one done on my ribs a year ago and it was pure pain! Never felt anything like it and I have quite a high pain threshold lol

I rather enjoyed it :')

ReputationRep:
    wings... on the back or on your shoulder.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.