Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I cant ******* revise!!!!!!!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HELP HELP...... IM starting to feel like its too much, its sunny outside and I have to sit indoors and ****ing look at a book!!

This is worse than hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus everytime I do revise I get so bored and distracted that I rarely end up doing it and I don't remember it. Im starting to trick myself and just skim read and say to myself that im actually revising when I am really not.

I NEED SOME HELP NOW!!! THIS IS SO SO SO FRUSTRATING

ReputationRep:
    Set realistic goals, like a couple of hours revision a day and set yourself time to have fun aswell.

You can have both, you know.

(and find a different way to revise, rather than just staring at a book)

ReputationRep:
    Try some online videos, they always keep my attention a lot more. But the best advice I could give you is to revise with your friends, if you can discipline each other! It means you can talk whilst (not instead of!) doing it and perhaps help each other with things you don't understand.

ReputationRep:
    Close the windows and curtains. Just imagine it's disgusting and raining heavily outside (just without noise) and you never want to go outside.
    Also read some articles or anything on the internet about procastination. Those articles help even if you don't procastinate...

ReputationRep:
    I had trouble revising all through my GCSEs, now I've pretty much failed my Jan AS levels I've finally started to. No tricks anyone ever told me worked and I tried them all. But if it's the sun thats distracting you, do your revision outside!

ReputationRep:
    Set yourself a quota for revising in the morning, like a set number of hours, then go out a bit later on in the afternoon. That's what i did and it was just about bearable, lol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Instead of looking at your work as an entire subject, split it into topics and try and complete two a day or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Well the first thing is to actually have some method to your revision so you're actually doing something active, not just sit staring at a book. Because for most people that really won't help the information sink in.

Take notes, highlight important bits, find some practise questions for the material you're learning and try them out.

It's also a good idea to do revision in short sections, for example, do twenty minutes and then have a break before doing another 20 mins as this is most people's maximum before they start to lose concentration. Putting some music on helps me revise and I set myself rewards, so I promise myself I'll do x amount of revision in exchange for a tea break and half an hour of iplayer.

Personally I find it easier to revise when it's sunny though; sun makes me happy so sitting in my room with music on and the sun coming through my window makes me happy and therefore more motivated. :dontknow: There's also no reason you can't go and sit outside revising though. When I'm at home and it's nice weather, I set myself up with all my revision on the table on the patio and revise in the sunshine.

ReputationRep:
    You could try revising outside... sitting on the grass in the sun with a book...

ReputationRep:
    10 minutes revision, half an hour 'fun', 10 minutes revision, half an hour of 'fun' - the fun maybe sit in the sunshine and treat yourself to a nice drink or snack.
    I know this sounds short but because there isn't so much time spent on revising you shouldn't get so bored and you remember your pieces in bitesize chunks.
    Start from two weeks before your exams and increase the revision time a couple of days before your exam.

Told about my 8 of my friends about this method and they now adopt it ahaha!

ReputationRep:
    Go to public libraries. I've always found the sight of others working around me to be quite a good motivator for myself.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.