Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girlfriend major distraction from my revision... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    After I told my girlfriend that I wouldn't be able to spend as much time with her during the easter break, she didnt take it so well and got rather angry. The last couple of weeks I havent been focusing much on revision an all and I have actutally spent nearly all my time with her so I'd thought she'd understand that I have to get some revision done as exams are very important to me. (She's not planning to go to uni so she's hardly revising.)

I told her yesterday that I couldnt come over to her house cos of work and then out of nowhere she was saying how I dont care about her anymore and just using her at times which suit me the best! :/ Obviously thats absolute *******s cos I do care about her and all.
    And like now today she's hardly picking up her phone and replying to any of my texts. What should I do? Have I done the wrong thing :/

Break up with her then get back together after the exams. lol

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her to **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Slap her with your appendage and return her to the kitchen

ReputationRep:
    i think maybe she thinks you're using revision as an excuse cos you're losing interest. just really reassure her

ReputationRep:
    She's being selfish. Put yourself first. Girls will come and go, but your exams really are once in a life time things

ReputationRep:
    I hate girls like that, just tell her to piss off if she's not considerate enough to give you some space for something that is a million times more important than her.

I can't stand it when girlfriends start questioning your priorities just because they can't take it that there are some things in your life more important than them.

Oh no, shock horror you couldn't hang out with her because of revision and that clearly shows you don't care about her :rolleyes: Just ignore her don't get wrapped up in that little bullcrap drama with all this immature bickering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nkhan)
    After I told my girlfriend that I wouldn't be able to spend as much time with her during the easter break, she didnt take it so well and got rather angry. The last couple of weeks I havent been focusing much on revision an all and I have actutally spent nearly all my time with her so I'd thought she'd understand that I have to get some revision done as exams are very important to me. (She's not planning to go to uni so she's hardly revising.)

I told her yesterday that I couldnt come over to her house cos of work and then out of nowhere she was saying how I dont care about her anymore and just using her at times which suit me the best! :/ Obviously thats absolute *******s cos I do care about her and all.
    And like now today she's hardly picking up her phone and replying to any of my texts. What should I do? Have I done the wrong thing :/
    she is being very selfish she should let you get on with your revision, you have a huge summer coming up to spend time together. Maybe you should just tell her you need a break then you can get back together when you have finished your exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_sporty)
    she is being very selfish she should let you get on with your revision, you have a huge summer coming up to spend time together. Maybe you should just tell her you need a break then you can get back together when you have finished your exams.
    Yeah exactly, I mentioned how I need to into university this year but she never shows much interest in it all. I still do love her, but I just wish she'd be more supportive cos this is such a stressful period for everyone taking exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    I hate girls like that, just tell her to piss off if she's not considerate enough to give you some space for something that is a million times more important than her.

I can't stand it when girlfriends start questioning your priorities just because they can't take it that there are some things in your life more important than them.

Oh no, shock horror you couldn't hang out with her because of revision and that clearly shows you don't care about her :rolleyes: Just ignore her don't get wrapped up in that little bullcrap drama with all this immature bickering.
    Yeah I love her alot but abit more support from her would be great.

ReputationRep:
    If your girlfriend is demanding your constant attention you're doing something wrong.

Do your work and send her ocassional witty or flirty texts. Then come see her and be super passionant, and then leave and continue. Ignore her protestations. It's what I do.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, she obviously doesn't really care.

If she can't understand that you're trying to do something that can benefit you in the future.. why are you with her? She has no respect for what you're trying to do.

You want to do well and you shouldn't let her stop you from doing that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nkhan)

I guess this sort of explains it.

Because she's not going, she might not understand how much effort is required to get into the university of your choice especially is what they ask for you to achieve is high.

You should try to explain to her how this could not only affect your future but hers too, i mean does she want a depressed boyfriend because she didn't let him revise properly and who failed his exams. If she really loves you she wouldn't allow it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nepene)
    If your girlfriend is demanding your constant attention you're doing something wrong.

Do your work and send her ocassional witty or flirty texts. Then come see her and be super passionant, and then leave and continue. Ignore her protestations. It's what I do.
    Ha nice one mate glad its working for you.
    And I always give her all the attention in the world I must say but she seems to think thats not enough :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she sounds like the one that doesn't care about you. Good on you for wanting to do well in your exams, and go to uni and actually do something with your life.

You'll regret it if you stick around and don't get where you want in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnJuM218)
    I guess this sort of explains it.

Because she's not going, she might not understand how much effort is required to get into the university of your choice especially is what they ask for you to achieve is high.

You should try to explain to her how this could not only affect your future but hers too, i mean does she want a depressed boyfriend because she didn't let him revise properly and who failed his exams. If she really loves you she wouldn't allow it.
    Yeah thanks man, I'm gonna have to talk to her again ...if only she'd pick up her damn phone or let me come inside her house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahsl)
    Yeah she sounds like the one that doesn't care about you. Good on you for wanting to do well in your exams, and go to uni and actually do something with your life.

You'll regret it if you stick around and don't get where you want in life.
    We all gotta get our grades for uni cheers

ReputationRep:
    DUMP HER. You can get back her afterwards...though you might be having to have a long distance relationship anyway. Trust me though, if she's going to be like this during a stressful period in your life, she's not worth having - you can't be with someone who will be like that when you have things tough. Best partners let you revise - and know when to de-stress you by taking you to the cinema or something when you have a few hours spare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rancorous)
    DUMP HER. You can get back her afterwards...though you might be having to have a long distance relationship anyway. Trust me though, if she's going to be like this during a stressful period in your life, she's not worth having - you can't be with someone who will be like that when you have things tough. Best partners let you revise - and know when to de-stress you by taking you to the cinema or something when you have a few hours spare.
    hmm, I just wished it wouldnt have to be this way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nkhan)
    Yeah thanks man, I'm gonna have to talk to her again ...if only she'd pick up her damn phone or let me come inside her house.
    Glad to help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.