Turn on thread page Beta

Who did/do you do your driving lessons with!? watch

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful people
    I'm looking to start my driving lessons soon!

So, I was just wondering..
    Who do you recommend? and who don't you recommend?
    and include prices if you know or remember!

Thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    BSM ALL THE WAY.
    Sorry I don't remember how much my lessons were, probs around £22ish an hour although at the end when I wanted 2 last lessons before my test, my instructor gave me 2 hours for £30.
    I can only speak for my instructor but he was an amazing teacher with a great pass rate.
    I highly recommend BSM-helped me pass first time

EDIT: why neg me for my opinion..?

ReputationRep:
    I did it with AA, also £22 an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missjasmine)
    Beautiful people

Thanks xxx
    Personally, I'd go for an independent driving instructor, from recommendations. With big companies (AA, BSM, Red) it's usually hit and miss whether you'll get a good instructor.... plenty of horror stories in this forum about them too!

ReputationRep:
    BSM £23 an hour

ReputationRep:
    I did 3 or 4 with the AA but it was awful. She was terrible. Have no idea how much it was.

I'd go for an independent instructor :yy:
    Costs £25 p.h or £210 if you book a block of ten. There's no competition up here really so it's pretty pricey, some instructors charge £30!

ReputationRep:
    Dave Grohl.

No, seriously, my instructor looked just like him Went independent, £15/hour or £140 for a block of ten.

ReputationRep:
    I've had two driving lessons so far.. i'm a pro. Driving off with the handbreak on, going "AHH" every time there's a car behind me and driving in to the next lane when trying to change gears... :P but my instructor is really nice about it all. He's a local, so you wouldn't find him handy being in London and all..

I'm £28 per lesson but he taught my dad, aunt and uncle and they all passed first time.

Don't go just for the cheapest, look at their success rates and stuff too.

ReputationRep:
    BSM are great! My instructor is really lovely, and he will give me a lesson whenever I want, even if he has to rearrange his other work for it.

You can currently get 10 lessons for £199, or my instructor says he will give me lessons provately for £20 an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missjasmine)
    Beautiful people

Thanks xxx
    I'm doing it with a private instructor in Camden And boi can he teach and he's jokes as well.

ReputationRep:
    I've booked my first lesson with BSM, and in my area, its £21 per hour, but you can do a block booking. They gave me student discount aswell, cos it would have been £23 originally!

ReputationRep:
    Independant instructors all the way! Ask your friends who they would reccommend, there is a class system with instructors (4/5/6 with class 6 being the "best") but I'm not sure how much it actually means.

ReputationRep:
    BSM... But like others have said be wary with choosing your instructor because unfortunately there are bad ones. Fortunately, there are really good ones too

ReputationRep:
    I had an independent instructor, who was magnificent!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I went with LDC (quite a common common company round where i live). I definitely recommend them. I think they were £22 a lesson.
    I wouldnt recommend my 1st instructor though- he was garbage. The company was called gemini (he was a 1 man doing it on his own)

ReputationRep:
    FFS, I just pressed back and lost what I wrote ¬_¬
    LOL, but Thank you so much guys! You've been a great help

BSM: I heard they're good, I know quite a few people who have done it with them so I willl definitely look at them

AA: I heard they're expensive =/ but once again I'll look

and Emma, I think LDC are in my area aswell

I'll look at what everyone has said..
    Thank you sooo much guys! x You're all sexy ;] LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    I went with LDC (quite a common common company round where i live). I definitely recommend them. I think they were £22 a lesson.
    I wouldnt recommend my 1st instructor though- he was garbage. The company was called gemini (he was a 1 man doing it on his own)

ERROR Alert,ERROR ALERT!! One has to ask why one would include the word common two times and why one would not have realized they had done this. pardon me if I seem rather intimidating but one had to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dknt)
    Personally, I'd go for an independent driving instructor, from recommendations. With big companies (AA, BSM, Red) it's usually hit and miss whether you'll get a good instructor.... plenty of horror stories in this forum about them too!
    recommendations are always the best way to get an instructor, the big companies are always more expensive too, around £5 more a lesson simply because they have bigger overheads!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Where are you living? Get an independent and maybe try out a few to get one you 'click' with.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cwboyracer)
    ERROR Alert,ERROR ALERT!! One has to ask why one would include the word common two times and why one would not have realized they had done this. pardon me if I seem rather intimidating but one had to ask
    tbh, i didnt realise i had typed it twice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 30, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.