Turn on thread page Beta

Is it too late to start revision? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meesta)
    tbh you should be fine, i've only learnt 1/2 of my geology and biology a2 :e
    confidence boost

ReputationRep:
    too late????

look I haven't started either and my first exam is also may 18th. If you think this is too late, then you probably don't know your stuff in the first place :P

if you know it, you shouldn't have a problem beginning revision now.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I'm pretty sure you'd be ok if you were just starting learning them from scratch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HGS*)
    I'm predicted BBBB.

For January modules I was predicted DD but got AA (Biology and Chemistry) so you know..... I don't think the predictions are very accurate .
    Your teachers must have been like :lolwut:!

You sound like you will do well. Lets both get our heads down for easter, it will be over soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HGS*)
    confidence boost
    haha :P yeah over easter im gonna learn the rest pretty much though and go over most of what i know + get cwk done

ReputationRep:
    Too late? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    These are the most pointless ****ing threads ever.

How can it possibly be too ****ing late to start revision? No matter how late you start, revision will obviously help. Starting late is obviously better than saying "oh no, I've left it too late, I'll just abandon any attempts at revision from now on".

And it isn't even that late. You have over a month.

ReputationRep:
    If your at school tomorrow, I recommend making a plan tomorrow afternoon and starting revision on Saturday afternoon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meesta)
    haha :P yeah over easter im gonna learn the rest pretty much though and go over most of what i know + get cwk done
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    Your teachers must have been like :lolwut:!

You sound like you will do well. Lets both get our heads down for easter, it will be over soon...
    haha yeah, my teachers were about to cry
    Over holidays hopefully ill get through a lot of work, and good luck with your revision mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HGS*)
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Philosophy and Ethics at AS.
    I haven't started revising yet and my first exam is on the 18th of May.
    Have I left it too late to start revision?

Also I would appreciate it if you could recommend any revision techniques.
    Thanks

For January modules I had:

AQA Biology UNIT 1 - A
    AQA Chemistry UNIT 1 - A
    If everyone on TSR said it was too late - would you give up?

Stop being ridiculous - start now and then you're doing everything you can - why ask if it's too late - just do it!

ReputationRep:
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

ReputationRep:
    I know that this is off topic; but I chose those exact subjects for my A Level options and so I was wondering, how are you finding them? Is the workload heavy? and is Philosophy and Ethics interesting?
    But in regards to you question, I don't think it's too late. However you do need to start revising now and really work hard.

The revision methods that best work for me, are;
    - Making flash card with questions on one side and the answer on the opposite side. They're specially good for using when you're on the go.
    - Making poster/ mind maps and sticking them somewhere visible.
    - But most importantly REPETITION. You study biology, so I'm sure you know about the development of Neuron pathways as you learn and these pathways get stronger every time you repeat something. The stronger the pathways the easier it is to recall the information and the longer you remember it. Just try and get it into your long term memory.

When you're revising;
    - take short breaks. e.g. Study for 45 minutes and then have 10-15 minute break. During this break leave your desk, go for a walk, drink some water or something. But make sure that you leave your area of study.
    - Drink plenty of water.
    - get enough sleep. I've heard that the brain process information that you've learnt during the day when you're sleeping ( I think)
    - When covering a topic, write questions as you go along. Once you've finished it, you can answer the questions and find and weak points in your understanding.
    - do practice/ past paper (under timed exam conditions). You get to find any weaknesses and locate areas that you need to work at. It also helps you get used to the exam scenario, so the actual exams aren't so stressful.

Good Luck on you're exams and I hope you find this helpful.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation, though my exams start on the 11th of May

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    I hope not...
    This!

I'm lucky because my exams start at the end of May... 25th and 28th but there's so much to revise I should start early. I'm more worried about A2 RS, that's a killer.

OP, no, it's not too late. I think everyone's starting around now, now the Easter holidays are here!

Even if it is too late, there's no frigging way I'll be giving up now!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.