Turn on thread page Beta

Which gel/wax for short hair? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    After having longish hair for quite a while, maintaining it has finally put me off, so I got it cut and I now have a 2 back and sides. I need some good gel or wax to style it, but I don't know which is any good for short hair. Can anyone recommend me some gel or wax for very short hair? Below are some ideas of what I want it to look like.

PS: Prefer a wet look. Thanks!

ReputationRep:

Will give that greasy look you seek.

ReputationRep:
    Really no one can help me out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeenageDream)
    Really no one can help me out?
    I was going to help but thought someone else could probably help better. It seems not. I'd say Beckham is using wax in that picture whereas DiCaprio is using more of a gel. So what you want to use will depend on whether you want more of a wet look or not.

I've used shockwaves before and it was crap, no hold at all, whereas the vo5 line of products have always been good in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I was going to help but thought someone else could probably help better. It seems not. I'd say Beckham is using wax in that picture whereas DiCaprio is using more of a gel. So what you want to use will depend on whether you want more of a wet look or not.

I've used shockwaves before and it was crap, no hold at all, whereas the vo5 line of products have always been good in my experience.
    Ok thanks a lot, I'll get the Dax wax that everyone raves about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeenageDream)
    Ok thanks a lot, I'll get the Dax wax that everyone raves about
    Dax is a ***** to get out. A tiny bit of Brylcreem wax should do the job.

ReputationRep:

Thats what I use, but I have ear length hair, I like it cause it doesn't give a greasy look, I prefer the matte finish or any of the VO5 products are good

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.