The Student Room Group

Student Finance Confirmation (images att)

Hello guys. I have applied for student finance for this year, starting in october and basically im from a poor family lol so I am entitled to a maintenance grant of £3000 or something around that figure.

On my Payments page it only displays the following. Can anyone tell me should I phone them and ask them about the maintenance money? Or give it a little while longer to see if it appears on my Payments page.

Reply 1
Original post by Davey1
Hello guys. I have applied for student finance for this year, starting in october and basically im from a poor family lol so I am entitled to a maintenance grant of £3000 or something around that figure.

On my Payments page it only displays the following. Can anyone tell me should I phone them and ask them about the maintenance money? Or give it a little while longer to see if it appears on my Payments page.

Doesn't look as though you have any grant at all. It should show as such. Phone them
Reply 2
Grant as in maintenance loan money? Because apporoved means - student finance have all the evidence they need and the money will be paid into your bank account on the date specified.

So are you talking bout just the maintenance loan? If so I will ring them.
Reply 3
Original post by Davey1

Hey, im the same with the grant, but its coming up on my form, so it looks like they haven't actually assessed/approved that part for you yet. I'd ring them up just to be sure.
Reply 4
I would ring them. How long does it take to be approved?
Reply 5
Original post by bobilina0
I would ring them. How long does it take to be approved?

Depends on what evidence they require. Took my brother about 2 weeks to get his from start to finish.
Reply 6
Original post by glf2110
Depends on what evidence they require. Took my brother about 2 weeks to get his from start to finish.

I called them a couple of days ago to ask about the evidence part. I'm going to get the NHS bursary and they ask about what proof I'll have for this. I rang because I don't know when I'll even be able to apply for the bursary so can't provide any proof now. They told me I won't need evidence so just select the 'I cannot provide any' option. I did this but every time I log in again it's as if I never selected anything for the evidence. I don't know if the application will go through if it keeps doing this. DO you think it'll cause problems?
Reply 7
I called them a couple of days ago to ask about the evidence part. I'm going to get the NHS bursary and they ask about what proof I'll have for this. I rang because I don't know when I'll even be able to apply for the bursary so can't provide any proof now. They told me I won't need evidence so just select the 'I cannot provide any' option. I did this but every time I log in again it's as if I never selected anything for the evidence. I don't know if the application will go through if it keeps doing this. DO you think it'll cause problems?

What course are you on/applying for? As a student nurse I'm only entitled to the TFL and basic ML. I have to apply for the NHS bursary separately. The SLC wanted proof of my NHS bursary (which I haven't applied for). My prospective uni said to send in my offer letter which shows Im on an NHS funded course. In the meantime the SLC approved my ML.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by glf2110
What course are you on/applying for? As a student nurse I'm only entitled to the TFL and basic ML. I have to apply for the NHS bursary separately. If they want proof then send them your proof of status from your uni.

I'm starting diagnostic radiography in Sept. I'm not entitled to the tuition fee loan as the NHS pay it so I'm only getting the maintenance loan. I have to wait to be contacted by the NHS bursary people to apply for it so can't provide the evidence until then. The only options there for me to select are 'I cannot provide any of the items in the list above' or 'result of NHS bursary application'.

When I put I cannot supply anything this comes up;

We are not waiting on any evidence items.

Please note, you have stated you cannot provide any of the evidence items required to prove your NHS Bursary. Not supplying any of the listed items may cause a delay to your application, please use the link below to specify evidence you will return.
I want to change the items I am providing
We have received...

your UK Passport Details on 05/04/2011

Then when I next log in it's back to having no tick next to that section, as if I haven't selected anything. It's very frustrating.
Reply 9
I'm starting diagnostic radiography in Sept. I'm not entitled to the tuition fee loan as the NHS pay it so I'm only getting the maintenance loan. I have to wait to be contacted by the NHS bursary people to apply for it so can't provide the evidence until then. The only options there for me to select are 'I cannot provide any of the items in the list above' or 'result of NHS bursary application'.

When I put I cannot supply anything this comes up;

We are not waiting on any evidence items.

Please note, you have stated you cannot provide any of the evidence items required to prove your NHS Bursary. Not supplying any of the listed items may cause a delay to your application, please use the link below to specify evidence you will return.
I want to change the items I am providing
We have received...

your UK Passport Details on 05/04/2011

Then when I next log in it's back to having no tick next to that section, as if I haven't selected anything. It's very frustrating.

My application went through after it got to your stage. It just updated after about 3 days. Have you firmed yet? My approval seemed to coincide with that. My prospective uni said to send in the offer letter that they sent me if the SLC needed proof.
Reply 10
Original post by glf2110
My application went through after it got to your stage. It just updated after about 3 days. Have you firmed yet? My approval seemed to coincide with that. My prospective uni said to send in the offer letter that they sent me if the SLC needed proof.

Yep, I said yes to my only choice a couple of weeks ago. So should I just leave it as it is? Thank you for your help by the way :smile:
Reply 11
Yep, I said yes to my only choice a couple of weeks ago. So should I just leave it as it is? Thank you for your help by the way :smile:

Well you have plenty of time. Check the "View correspondence" section to see if they've written to you. If things don't change in the next week, give them a ring. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by glf2110
Well you have plenty of time. Check the "View correspondence" section to see if they've written to you. If things don't change in the next week, give them a ring. :smile:

Okey dokes. Thanks :smile:
Reply 13
hey does anybody know this?

im applying for student finance to do nursing, do i say i will be spending most of my time in uni on each term or on placement?
Reply 14
Original post by sscaife
hey does anybody know this?

im applying for student finance to do nursing, do i say i will be spending most of my time in uni on each term or on placement?

I put uni. Have got my funding though without any probs. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by glf2110
I put uni. Have got my funding though without any probs. :smile:

also, (sorry to be annoying) do you tick no for applying for tuition fee loans cos student nurses dont pay for it?
Reply 16
Original post by sscaife
also, (sorry to be annoying) do you tick no for applying for tuition fee loans cos student nurses dont pay for it?

Lol, that's right. :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by glf2110
Lol, that's right. :smile:

also, on the bit where it says,

Do you have to attend a place in the UK away from your main college as part of your medical or dental clinical training in this academic year or do you have to go abroad for the majority of any term as part of your course?

do nursing students say yes or no?

haha you're my saviour i can't find info anywhere!
Reply 18
Original post by sscaife
also, on the bit where it says,

Do you have to attend a place in the UK away from your main college as part of your medical or dental clinical training in this academic year or do you have to go abroad for the majority of any term as part of your course?

do nursing students say yes or no?

haha you're my saviour i can't find info anywhere!

Say no, youre not doing a medical or dental course. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending