Turn on thread page Beta

Black Chicks/People + Skin Bleaching - Question..[Sensible people] watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayberay)
    Its emotional lol.
    Those women are retarded, maybe some of that bleach leaked into their brain

Odd that you don't see many black dudes doing this sort of thing (yeah I know, Michael Jackson, but he was insane).

ReputationRep:
    Things like this make me SO glad i'm not a woman regardless of race. With us men all you have to do is just work your ass off, get a good career and just watch everything come to you in life.
    But on a serious note, I feel for black girls i really do. The media is always full of bombardments that beauty is light skin, long straight hair and a straight nose. Many black girls are actually VERY beautiful although some tend to be very stuck up.

ReputationRep:
    Why people bleach themselves is beyond me, so many risks of permanent skin damage and it looks awful. I know a woman whose face is white and the rest of her body is black. WTF? Clown much? All these ideas in order to conform to the wests dictatorship. What has this world come to. Rartarded social slaves.

I prefer my chocolate over caramel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    LMAO

Latisha and Latasha??? HAHAHA

Why do they give their children such stupid names :rofl:
    William and Margret

Muhammad and Patel

Jet Lee and Jackie Chan

Babatunde and Tululope.

Tyrone and Jermane

Judgemental much? I'm not saying the names are orginal in anyway but it works both ways.

Sterotypes will never die :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VansHalfCabs)
    Background to me before I start getting accused of all sorts:
    - Of a Jamaican & West Indian mix.
    - My skin tone is mid brown and i'm perfectly happy with it.

My friend just posted this on Facebook - My reaction was literally WTF?

Why do it? Be proud of who you are and your skin colour. I don't know why people are going on like they are disadvantaged through their skin colour, I certainly haven't come across any issues etc.. I could go on..

I personally think the woman bleaching her son's skin everyday should be locked up, its disgusting...

Thoughts?
    Holy ****e :lolwut: I watched all of it today, her kids should be taken into care. Those women were absolutely disgusting
    Yeah, I'm Somali, but those women are a shame to black people
    Did you hear the other one say 'I don't want to be carrying no dark baby on my hip' Revolting :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milky Milk)
    [ youtube ]put link here[/ youtube]
    (no spaces of course)
    Nice. Thanks for that.

I've run out of rep points but I'll be sure to rep you when I get some points! (hopefully I remember )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    meh...Only those retards and Congolese woman bleach themselves. Which is a minority compared to the all black girls.
    Nu-uh, Somalis do it too :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Understood)
    William and Margret

Muhammad and Patel

Jet Lee and Jackie Chan

Babatunde and Tululope.

Tyrone and Jermane

Judgemental much? I'm not saying the names are orginal in anyway but it works both ways.

Sterotypes will never die :rolleyes:
    None of those names you listed are that strange imo

But Latisha! Latasha! Latvia! LMAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMusiqueEstMaVie)
    That's terrible. I feel so sorry for those boys. They're growing up thinking there's something wrong with themselves when they're all gorgeous! Shame on that mother for brainwashing them like that!

Being darker isn't a some sort of social stigma. Some very dark women are beautiful. It's so horrible that some people feel the need to bleach their skin to feel acceptable. All of those women are beautiful! And you know what another part of beauty is? Being proud of who you are.
    I was just thinking that! Poor kids... what's the world coming to? :|

ReputationRep:
    skin colour shouldnt matter. but is easier said than done. im East African and have very light skin colour. all my black and African friends used to embrace me for having light skin. they used to say to me, oh you so lucky you are naturally light, you dont need to do anything with your skin. i never understood the deal with skin colour, but is the same problem with my culture. they seem to embrace the light skin colour more than the black colour. is stupid and ignorant. people should just be proud of what God gave them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Know_ThySelf)
    Get them to watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm9pEWIPjks

PS. How do you embed a video? :confused:
    I watched this last year when I was studying Civil Rights in the USA.

I think to embedd a video you click on external link but I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    Honestly, if I was going to procreate with a black woman it would be a lighter, more European looking one.The darker ones tend to look kind of primitive, and not attractive.

negs ahoy!
    I +vely repped you by accident.
    'primitive'? You're disgusting.
    It's ok to have your preferences but the last part of your comment is plain racism.
    Are Kenya moore, Genevieve Nnaji and Gabrielle Union primitive looking? No.
    Get a life..all races/skin tones have different features.

ReputationRep:
    This is so sad :sad:. It is even worse that they are doing it to their own kids. I am a black person and I am proud of my skin colour, but I can understand because in society people have the view that the lighter you are, the better you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee Leigh)
    I watched this last year when I was studying Civil Rights in the USA.

I think to embedd a video you click on external link but I'm not sure.
    That's great... Always good to watch abit of Malcolm X...!

"MilkyMilk" told me how to embed a video but thanks for your response...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMusiqueEstMaVie)
    Being darker isn't a some sort of social stigma. Some very dark women are beautiful. It's so horrible that some people feel the need to bleach their skin to feel acceptable. All of those women are beautiful! And you know what another part of beauty is? Being proud of who you are.
    So true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmicronPersei8)
    That's so sad. Poor child will grow up believing that the colour he was born with is not good enough and besides, isn't it a bit dangerous applying bleaching cream to a child? :eek:
    Yep, constant use of skin bleaching can cause skin cancer as skin bleach products have all sorts of dangerous chemicals in them...it must be really worrying for a child...imagine if one of those kids get to their thirtys and then they get it? It's almost like the mum is killing them slowly in a way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7887)
    This is disgusting :/ i really don't understand why they feel the need to do that. I've seen some really stunning black girls who have lovely skin.

unfortunately its also quite common in asian culture, the 'fair and lovely' brand (which promises to lighten skin tone) is very popular.

:sad:
    That's true. Even in asian magazines, the women look soo light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    Holy ****e :lolwut: I watched all of it today, her kids should be taken into care. Those women were absolutely disgusting
    Yeah, I'm Somali, but those women are a shame to black people
    Did you hear the other one say 'I don't want to be carrying no dark baby on my hip' Revolting :mad2:
    Omg same here! I feel so mad hearing what they said, as if a black kid is a curse. :mad::mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    skin whitening cream sales are exploding in asia.

white skin is a desirable thing that all cuktures value. indians have the oldest caste system in the world. once europeans are non entities on the world stage, the asians will still value white skin.

ReputationRep:
    how come its wrong for black people to bleach and not wrong for white people to tan?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.