Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Black Chicks/People + Skin Bleaching - Question..[Sensible people] Watch

One of the Jamaican artists produced this song, in response to those who love bleach dem skin - aimed @ Vybz Kartel in particular who went from this to this, courtesy of this!!!!! (It is a bar of soap that is used to wash clothes with . . . !)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    Maybe I'm spoilt living as a pakistani in london, but i'm proud of my race and skin colour a lot more than i'm afraid of being subject to any racist attack/slur.

Then again I've never really been subject to any serious form of racism, thank God, so I only speak for myself.

as a pakistani, do you going to stand up against anti white racism in london?

if not, why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    Back to the jungle with you!

people must HATE you in real life. Loner!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BambieWambie)
    people must HATE you in real life. Loner!!!!!!!!

Actually the general assessment of me IRL is that I'm a pretty chill guy.You seem a bit retarded tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    My cousin posted this not long ago on FB - absolute shocking. I kinda blame "music stars", ie Vybz Kartel, being a prime example, apart from he used CAKE SOAP!!!
    I dont think this is fair, especially as his bleaching only started to show up recentley, people have been bleaching for so long and there were soo many before him. The media have always shown lighter skinned black people in a better light. Be it in make up adverts to music videos ..

ReputationRep:
    One of the Jamaican artists produced this song, in response to those who love bleach dem skin - aimed @ Vybz Kartel in particular who went from this to this, courtesy of this!!!!! (It is a bar of soap that is used to wash clothes with . . . !)
    i need that soap.
    lol.

(Original post by QStah)
    I dont think this is fair, especially as his bleaching only started to show up recentley, people have been bleaching for so long and there were soo many before him. The media have always shown lighter skinned black people in a better light. Be it in make up adverts to music videos ..
    I know bleaching has been going for agesss, and there are plenty more out there who are, as we speak, probably washing their skin with a big blue bar of soap (fools!). But people like him, many look up to, and therefore follow in the fashion to bleach!!! That picture I posted of him post bleach, is being kind - this one shows the true extent of his bleaching.

I just find it all quite sad that people feel the ''need'' to bleach their skin. I am so proud that I haven't fallen into that trap, and can proudly say (in the words of Mr Vegas) ''I am black and proud'' lol

(Original post by Deyn_08)
    i need that soap.
    lol.
    Haha, the soap does wash clothes v v clean though lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    Holy ****e :lolwut: I watched all of it today, her kids should be taken into care. Those women were absolutely disgusting
    Yeah, I'm Somali, but those women are a shame to black people
    Did you hear the other one say 'I don't want to be carrying no dark baby on my hip' Revolting :mad2:
    I can't find the part 4, did you watch it all on youtube?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VansHalfCabs)
    Background to me before I start getting accused of all sorts:
    - Of a Jamaican & West Indian mix.
    - My skin tone is mid brown and i'm perfectly happy with it.

My friend just posted this on Facebook - My reaction was literally WTF?

Why do it? Be proud of who you are and your skin colour. I don't know why people are going on like they are disadvantaged through their skin colour, I certainly haven't come across any issues etc.. I could go on..

I personally think the woman bleaching her son's skin everyday should be locked up, its disgusting...

Thoughts?
    If someone bleached my son's skin, i would slap the *****! I'm black but the only disadvantage I will have is if I don't work hard.

ReputationRep:
    It's so stupid, but that's what the media does. Although its probably been said on here, but look up "Beyonce L'Oreal" and you'll see how its the media, and the companies that are promoting this awful idea that skin should be bleached.

ReputationRep:
    I know bleaching has been going for agesss, and there are plenty more out there who are, as we speak, probably washing their skin with a big blue bar of soap (fools!). But people like him, many look up to, and therefore follow in the fashion to bleach!!! That picture I posted of him post bleach, is being kind - this one shows the true extent of his bleaching.

I just find it all quite sad that people feel the ''need'' to bleach their skin. I am so proud that I haven't fallen into that trap, and can proudly say (in the words of Mr Vegas) ''I am black and proud'' lol
    Ahh that songs well nice .. & Kartel looks horribly pasty there lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humanrights)
    as a pakistani, do you going to stand up against anti white racism in london?

if not, why not?
    Do you mean would I be against anti-white racism? Well yeah obviously. But that's off-topic

ReputationRep:
    Actually the general assessment of me IRL is that I'm a pretty chill guy.You seem a bit retarded tbh.

You're only saying that because I called you a loner. I must have embarrassed you because you know its true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BambieWambie)
    You're only saying that because I called you a loner. I must have embarrassed you because you know its true
    Alas I am undone by a lady Jung! You gots Msc Psychology rite?

ReputationRep:
    Alas I am undone by a lady Jung! You gots Msc Psychology rite?

Yep

ReputationRep:
    Meh, nothing new.
    It's the same as why poeple get massive boobs or what ever - they are insecure and think that changing their appearance will solve all of their problems.

(Original post by QStah)
    Ahh that songs well nice .. & Kartel looks horribly pasty there lol
    I think it's a v good song indeed - @ least it's getting the message across. The picture is dreadful, isn't it? He looks like a duppy IMO, urgh. :/

ReputationRep:
    The girl in purple is actually pretty hot ,those guys who said that about her, if they did, need their heads tested. As for the rest, lets not blame a few white racists or that society prefers lighter skin. Have some bloody self respect and self confidence for yourself ,their are some beautiful darker skinned girls around. And really if white skin is so loved why do lots of white girls like getting a tan,to extent some make themselves sick through obsessive sun bed use? In fact when a white guy with a decent body posts his pics sometimes I read people suggesting to him to get a tan.

And the mother who is bleaching her children, infecting them with her retarded beliefs and possibly putting their health at risk needs to get a visit from child protection .It's a pity they can't be placed with a black family or any family who can teach them to be proud of who they are but I expect like the UK decent fosters homes are scarce. Probably be worse for them. In my opinion anyone who potentially damages their health either to get darker or lighter skin needs to see a psychiatrist.

ReputationRep:
    I am an African woman.
    Member of the Black Concsiousness Movement.
    This is disgusting.
    Garvey, Biko, Selassie, Nkrumah, Malcolm X are all rolling in their graves to see such a mighty race fallen to such depths.
    It is repulsive.
    We sit here and fight about our issues among whites....it is repulsive.

If these women knew their history.
    --Knew what it meant once to be African, Ku****e, Hermite...they would not be using White-Man-Witchcraft to **** with their skin.

Melanated women.
    We are God.

IMPORTANT LINKS: For the white males that are stuck to thinking in superiority here is your own speaking on the matter of Africans...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5f0JxwR-0k

For the African woman: do not forget your place...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2crJdKa-A08

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.