Turn on thread page Beta

Best friend is a *****? watch

ReputationRep:
    So me and my best friend fell out about a month ago. I've stopped hanging out with that friend group and started being with another friend group just because I can't stand to be around her.

But I keep finding out what she's been saying behind my back. She told one of our friends that she'll "knock me out" if I say anything to her or whatever at the next party that we're both invited to.

I'm not a confrontational person and I really don't want to fight. She's one of these people who pretends to be harder than they are but it still annoys me.

I'm not sure how to act around her. Do I just ignore her? Do I still hang out with the same group of friends?

Another issue is that I gave her money for a festival that we're both supposed to be going to with some other friends before we fell out. I'm not sure if she's bought the tickets or she's still got the money, so I've had to send her a message asking if she has or not, and I'm not sure how that will go down.

I can see myself being friends with her again just because she's that much of a childish ***** when she doesn't get her own way, and I can't be bothered with all the hassle.

ReputationRep:
    Don't change your group of friends cos of her. See if you can work it out and if not at least you tried! Oh and obvs you had to ask for the money its yours she cant just take it hostage lol.

ReputationRep:
    Stop being a pansy and get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    I already have changed my group of friends. I hang out with a whole bunch of new people and I haven't joined the last group since (though I still talk to most of them online) It annoys me because she's the type of person who will never apologise even though they're in the wrong, so I don't think a true friendship is on the cards.

ReputationRep:
    "*****, gimme my money" would work well. As would turning up at her house with a baseball bat if she refuses

Not that I'd know from experience... :ninja:

I don't hate lending money to people, I just hate asking for it back because they're always like "Yeah, I'll have it soon", then they go out and buy a 58463854783inch tv before turning around to you and saying "Yeah, I DID have it, but... now I don't". Don't make me go get my baseball bat...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arcanine)
    Stop being a pansy and get on with it.
    Get on with what? Still go to the party and just ignore her as much as possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty7)
    So me and my best friend fell out about a month ago. I've stopped hanging out with that friend group and started being with another friend group just because I can't stand to be around her.

But I keep finding out what she's been saying behind my back. She told one of our friends that she'll "knock me out" if I say anything to her or whatever at the next party that we're both invited to.

I'm not a confrontational person and I really don't want to fight. She's one of these people who pretends to be harder than they are but it still annoys me.

I'm not sure how to act around her. Do I just ignore her? Do I still hang out with the same group of friends?

Another issue is that I gave her money for a festival that we're both supposed to be going to with some other friends before we fell out. I'm not sure if she's bought the tickets or she's still got the money, so I've had to send her a message asking if she has or not, and I'm not sure how that will go down.

I can see myself being friends with her again just because she's that much of a childish ***** when she doesn't get her own way, and I can't be bothered with all the hassle.
    Wooow seems similarly to my situation! I just feel out with my friend and she owes me money which she is trying to not pay back, but she hasn’t said anything threatening. She has however tried to turn all our mutual friends against me but there not as childish as her and just say there not getting involved. People I talk to me have asked if I would like them to blank her but I really couldn’t care less. Just because I’m not talking to her doesn’t mean nobody else can.

Anyway back to you LOL I would forget the money your more that likely not going to get that back, as for the threats you already know there empty so once again so ignore them. Girls like that love people giving them attention and if you give her none she won’t know what to do. It’s like a fire, don’t feed it. You have a new set of friends just hang out with hem a bit more and try and take your mind off all her crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    "*****, gimme my money" would work well. As would turning up at her house with a baseball bat if she refuses

Not that I'd know from experience... :ninja:

I don't hate lending money to people, I just hate asking for it back because they're always like "Yeah, I'll have it soon", then they go out and buy a 58463854783inch tv before turning around to you and saying "Yeah, I DID have it, but... now I don't". Don't make me go get my baseball bat...
    Ha good idea. She hasn't replied to the message yet so I don't know what she will say about it or not. She might have bought the ticket already so I can't get anything back until the tickets offically come out in a few months time.

ReputationRep:
    Get on with what? Still go to the party and just ignore her as much as possible?
    Just go and act normal. If she does anything, ****ing belt her. If she's nice to your face, be nice back. Do your own thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm tough situation. I would say keep her at arms length; if she talks to you be polite and talk back, but I wouldn't go out of my way to make conversation. Can I ask why you fell out OP? Because threatening to 'knock you out' is a bit extreme, but trust me I can fully understand your situation and I definitely hope she doesn't do as she says. Do you think maybe she is just saying these things to put your other friends off talking to you? I think she sounds like she's worrying that they're going to ditch her for being a cow so she's being 'hard'.

From previous experience of a very similar situation, you might want to have a back up plan for the party in case something does happen, as you never know. Don't act like you're nervous but just have someone who will pick you up or meet you or something!

About the money, have you already sent the message to her? I really hope you get it back but don't be too surprised if you don't... Could you ask your other friends if they've bought the tickets already? Might be a different way around it and they might be able to get it you back. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khaysha-Saine)
    Wooow seems similarly to my situation! I just feel out with my friend and she owes me money which she is trying to not pay back, but she hasn’t said anything threatening. She has however tried to turn all our mutual friends against me but there not as childish as her and just say there not getting involved. People I talk to me have asked if I would like them to blank her but I really couldn’t care less. Just because I’m not talking to her doesn’t mean nobody else can.

Anyway back to you LOL I would forget the money your more that likely not going to get that back, as for the threats you already know there empty so once again so ignore them. Girls like that love people giving them attention and if you give her none she won’t know what to do. It’s like a fire, don’t feed it. You have a new set of friends just hang out with hem a bit more and try and take your mind off all her crap.
    I can't really forgot the money, it's over £200 and I spend months just trying to save it up.
    She acts harder than she is but I doubt the threats are empty though, she'll fight anyway even if she know she'll get hurt because she doesn't want people to know shes scared/afraid or whatever. If not then it'll turn into a huge verbal fight which (like the last time we fought) will probably turn into something physical again. :/
    Thanks for the advice I'm trying to ignore her the best I can.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to ignore her or blank her. Just accept what has happened with calm serenity. You know what she's like now and you know you can't trust her. Act civil, smile if you pass her in a corridor, speak to her if she speaks to you and politely ask if you could have your money back. If she keeps refusing, involve the school.

She's acting very immature, it's up to you to be the adult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueJoker)
    You don't need to ignore her or blank her. Just accept what has happened with calm serenity. You know what she's like now and you know you can't trust her. Act civil, smile if you pass her in a corridor, speak to her if she speaks to you and politely ask if you could have your money back. If she keeps refusing, involve the school.

Seconded. Also, you get the immature satisfaction of knowing that your cool facade is making her blood boil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_emmzy_x)
    Hmm tough situation. I would say keep her at arms length; if she talks to you be polite and talk back, but I wouldn't go out of my way to make conversation. Can I ask why you fell out OP? Because threatening to 'knock you out' is a bit extreme, but trust me I can fully understand your situation and I definitely hope she doesn't do as she says. Do you think maybe she is just saying these things to put your other friends off talking to you? I think she sounds like she's worrying that they're going to ditch her for being a cow so she's being 'hard'.

From previous experience of a very similar situation, you might want to have a back up plan for the party in case something does happen, as you never know. Don't act like you're nervous but just have someone who will pick you up or meet you or something!

About the money, have you already sent the message to her? I really hope you get it back but don't be too surprised if you don't... Could you ask your other friends if they've bought the tickets already? Might be a different way around it and they might be able to get it you back. Good luck!
    We fell out because in a nutshell she ditched me last minute on a night out (after getting ready hair/makeup/clothes) and decided to go somewhere else with the same friends, despite spending all week planning the 'girlie night'. Then she never apologised or even explained why (other than the text "sorry off somewhere else") so I stopped talking to her. We haven't talked or said anything to each other since.

I think the other friends are a bit miffed that I've left the group, but she's stopped *****ing about me in front of certain friends because she knows they tell me what she's said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watcher7)
    Seconded. Also, you get the immature satisfaction of knowing that your cool facade is making her blood boil.
    Thisssss.

And get your ****ing money back. Just ask her every time you see her.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really forgot the money, it's over £200 and I spend months just trying to save it up.
    She acts harder than she is but I doubt the threats are empty though, she'll fight anyway even if she know she'll get hurt because she doesn't want people to know shes scared/afraid or whatever. If not then it'll turn into a huge verbal fight which (like the last time we fought) will probably turn into something physical again. :/
    Thanks for the advice I'm trying to ignore her the best I can.
    Ok £200 is a lot of money ring her and see what she’s saying. You need to talk to her and keep harassing her till you get it back! I would… make sure that when your around her your also around others who will back you up. They don’t have to fight for you but they need to be able to negotiate and calm down the situation. That’s all you can do really there’s not much else if you don’t like confrontation.

ReputationRep:

That'll be hard to do but thanks for the advice! I can't really involve our college because it's got nothing to do with them, I'm not sure if they would do anything. But I've never thought about involving college but it's worth a try, thanks! I'll see how she replies to the last message I sent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khaysha-Saine)
    Ok £200 is a lot of money ring her and see what she’s saying. You need to talk to her and keep harassing her till you get it back! I would… make sure that when your around her your also around others who will back you up. They don’t have to fight for you but they need to be able to negotiate and calm down the situation. That’s all you can do really there’s not much else if you don’t like confrontation.
    She's just replied my message with "yeh" which I guess means she has bought the tickets. The tickets don't come out until god knows when so I'm not sure about what to do with that situation. Do I delete her from facebook?

ReputationRep:
    She's just replied my message with "yeh" which I guess means she has bought the tickets. The tickets don't come out until god knows when so I'm not sure about what to do with that situation. Do I delete her from facebook?
    NO! I did that with an equally nasty friend and it made the situation so much worse, particularly for someone so immature! I would really seek the advice of someone in your college if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    NO! I did that with an equally nasty friend and it made the situation so much worse, particularly for someone so immature! I would really seek the advice of someone in your college if I were you.
    I'm not sure who in college to talk to really. I doubt my teachers or personal tutor would do anything about it, and there isn't much they can do either than say "give the money/ticket back, please". I was hoping that she would apologise and we would be friends again by the time the festival came around but looks like I have to sort something else out :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.