Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does CRB check show your education? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am really confused what kind of info that CRB Check shows... Will it show up your education background eg all schools you have gone to ect
    What do I need to provide ?
    If universities carry CRB check, can they ask other questions not related to criminal record and get you to answer?
    What do they mean by exempted questions? As an indiviual cannot ask himself exempted question to get a CRB check done...
    Thank you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ngan_ta2001)
    I am really confused what kind of info that CRB Check shows... Will it show up your education background eg all schools you have gone to ect
    What do I need to provide ?
    If universities carry CRB check, can they ask other questions not related to criminal record and get you to answer?
    What do they mean by exempted questions? As an indiviual cannot ask himself exempted question to get a CRB check done...
    Thank you
    No, it shows your criminal record not your educational one (the clue is in the name).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    No, it shows your criminal record not your educational one (the clue is in the name).
    Thanks! Basically what do hey ask you in your CRB application form? How does the CRB check look like when you receive it? Does it just say you got criminal record or not? Any other personal info?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Basically what do hey ask you in your CRB application form? How does the CRB check look like when you receive it? Does it just say you got criminal record or not? Any other personal info?
    Thank you
    It's just your name, address, national insurance number etc. Basically it's just the information they need to check they're doing the check on the right person. It's very easy to fill in online

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    You essentially only identify yourself; the check provides all the answers. See: http://www.disclosure.gov.uk/PDF/CRB11.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    They ask you where you've lived etc. You have to provide various documentation to prove who you are such as NI card, D/L, passport, bank statements etc. Couldn't tell you exactly what it says as I'm clean and therefore it doesn't state anything. lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How does the CRB check look like when you receive it?
    That depends on the history of the person who is being checked. Most come back blank but someone with a dubious past might have pages of warnings, cautions and convictions.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.