Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I sometimes literally treat life like a video game watch

ReputationRep:
    A few days ago after laying out some tooth paste on my brush I shouted out POWER SLUG. No idea why... took a long hard look at myself in the mirror after. This appears to be the most relevant thread for getting that off my chest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jhnj92)
    Damn it those pikachu's on your sig should collide already!

ReputationRep:
    I have sort of done this sometimes while walking home from college. Just imaging that my life is a game. Weird I know but it helps past time while walking

ReputationRep:
    BOOM! Headshot!

ReputationRep:
    You sound like an hero.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonfly)
    Driving is not a good time to pretend you're playing Mario Kart...
    Lol the person infront may not appreciate shells being thrown at them :P

ReputationRep:
    Be careful, because in reality, you can't level up or re-spawn.

ReputationRep:
    I get what you mean. I sometimes feel as if I am living my life as part of a movie.

ReputationRep:
    sometimes i have dreams that cross of real life, films and video games its SICK!!, but wired

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMusiqueEstMaVie)
    I keep thinking I'm a Sim. And guage my life around the Sims way of doing stuff. Like, "If I talk to my friend for twenty more minutes, our relationship points will increase." Or "If I practice the piano, I'll gain a creativity skill point." Not really, but you know.
    :five:

Two of a kind, me and you.

ReputationRep:
    "Big Sky looks down on all the people looking up at the Big Sky.
    Everybody pushing one another around
    Big Sky feels sad when he sees the children scream and cry
    But the Big Sky is too big to let it get him down.

Big Sky looks down on all the people who think they got problems
    They get depressed and they hold their head in their hands and cry.
    People lift up their hands and they look up to the Big Sky
    But the Big Sky is too big to sympathize."

The Kinks - Big Sky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMusiqueEstMaVie)
    I keep thinking I'm a Sim. And guage my life around the Sims way of doing stuff. Like, "If I talk to my friend for twenty more minutes, our relationship points will increase." Or "If I practice the piano, I'll gain a creativity skill point." Not really, but you know.
    Does a random friend ever come round use your cooker and set fire to your house? Thats what happened to me in sim world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diabolic99)
    This happens to me every other day. I just take a step back mentally and observe everything around me which is really vivid. It feels like I'm seeing everything in the 3rd person when it happens. I don't think I made sense but it isn't easy to explain. Btw op can you explain a bit further what happens to you?
    It doesn't "happen" to me either, I just consciously decide to enter that state. I can also "render" myself in third person. I also often appraise my mental and physical state, even an inventory. It's ****in weird.

**** Anon fail.

ReputationRep:
    I do this too. We don't feel self concious in video games and we analyse the situation constantly to adapt to the way we should be playing. I think it's very useful for situations you're uncomfortable in. It's like when you have a conversation options in a game. You know where you want the conversation to go, and you're not worried about embaressing yourself etc.

There is also that kind of observation feeling which I'd liken to a video game too, where you look down at your feet and reposition them a bit, and although you're just looking through your eyes it's like your observing from the third person. It's a nice feeling. It feels empowering.

I used to have/do a similar thing a couple of years ago. Seems to have stopped now though, more's the pity

ReputationRep:
    I am the OP anyway, can prove by posting "proof" as anon next post

Proof

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampyrcorn)
    so many crazy people :eek:
    You're one of them, there's no center in anything, no sanity, only differing degrees of madness. We cannot know things, only believe things, and believe we know things, and believe that we believe that we believe things. ...

OP - this is one angle to view things from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_disorder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknwnEntity)
    It doesn't "happen" to me either, I just consciously decide to enter that state. I can also "render" myself in third person. I also often appraise my mental and physical state, even an inventory. It's ****in weird.

**** Anon fail.
    Hmm, so how exactly do you do it? It usually happens to me when I'm either really relaxed or concentrating. Believe it or not, I've once had one of them where I was able to just travel to places.

Either that or I'm crazy

ReputationRep:
    Playing burnout excessively has properly warped how I think behind the wheel :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.