Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heya,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience living here and what do you think of the place, also anyone been offered a place?

ReputationRep:
    Different people have had different experiences of the place but personally I in NO WAY recommend it. There have been so many issues over the past year with lack of hot water and proper heating, lifts breaking down, part of the ceiling in D block coming away and pouring water for hours and the ridiculous price of the place. There are up sides to it too, it's certainly not all bad - it's just not worth £145 a week

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend staying there at the moment, and i visit all the time. I like it when I visit, she has a double bed and the kitchen is nice (the halls are only a year old so everything is pretty new)

Most of the rooms overlook the big central courtyard, which has seats...pretty good for meeting new people.

The only issues she's had was at the beginning on the year, I know she didnt have hot water for a long time and the heating was playing up, but those issues are resolved now - I doubt it will be a problem for you, seeing as the halls will be prepared for the new arrivals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rossical)
    I have a friend staying there at the moment, and i visit all the time. I like it when I visit, she has a double bed and the kitchen is nice (the halls are only a year old so everything is pretty new)

Most of the rooms overlook the big central courtyard, which has seats...pretty good for meeting new people.

The only issues she's had was at the beginning on the year, I know she didnt have hot water for a long time and the heating was playing up, but those issues are resolved now - I doubt it will be a problem for you, seeing as the halls will be prepared for the new arrivals
    Ahh i was starting to get a bit worried about the place from all of the other comments that i have read. Hopefully everything will be ok when i go in september

What do you think of the area, and whats it like at night?
    sorry for all of the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexi)
    Ahh i was starting to get a bit worried about the place from all of the other comments that i have read. Hopefully everything will be ok when i go in september

What do you think of the area, and whats it like at night?
    sorry for all of the questions

Oh I'm sure it'll be fine
    The area is ok, everyone says its rough but I wouldn't say so. The station is literally right outside halls which is perfect, and just across the street (literally 5 minutes) is boots, pcworld, subway, burger king, KFC, Lidl...which is great if you gotta get some bits. A tesco is 15 minutes down the road too

the area is pretty quiet at night, there's no nightlife in actual Tottenham Hale...which is why the tube being so close is awesome, just head to central! Halls is pretty lively at night though...because everyone overlooks the courtyard you can always see people having parties and stuff...security never come about noise if you wanna have a houseparty

I don't really get why everyone ****s the place off...as soon as the hot water was sorted my friend had no issues with the place

ReputationRep:
    hi! i've been offered a place too! I don't know if I will take it though, i mean it is really far away, nad I've heard so many bad things about it. but i don't think it will be thaat bad. Where are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettyinpink71)
    hi! i've been offered a place too! I don't know if I will take it though, i mean it is really far away, nad I've heard so many bad things about it. but i don't think it will be thaat bad. Where are you studying?
    Im studying at the new campus Kings cross so to be honest its not that long of a journey on the tube as they are on the same line And i went too look around the place recently and i thought that the halls were really nice! The bed was quite big, and everything is fairly new, so hopefully all of the kinks would be fixed by the time we get there. where are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    I will be studying in LCF's the new campus at High Holborn which is just one change in tube line from victoria to either picadilly or central. Yeah I've heard that the halls are pretty new, so hopefully everything will turn out ok.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've got a place at Emily Bowes too! Going to Camberwell, so its ridiculously far away but hopefully we'll make it a good year

ReputationRep:
    I recieved an email today saying that I will be in B1002 room F. Also, when do I have to pay the £250 deposit?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I dont know if anyone can help, but ive paid my depost and recieved my payment schedule and it says that the first payment is due on the 1st september, but my student loan wont be available till at least the 20th when ive enrolled, so does that mean that we have to pay it ourselves?

HELP!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexi)
    Hi

I dont know if anyone can help, but ive paid my depost and recieved my payment schedule and it says that the first payment is due on the 1st september, but my student loan wont be available till at least the 20th when ive enrolled, so does that mean that we have to pay it ourselves?

HELP!!!
    Hi, you either call UNITE and/or Student finance, I haven't recieved that kind of email, but I'm assuming that I too will need to pay by the 1st of September considering that I will be moving into Emily Bowes aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alix_)
    Hey, I've got a place at Emily Bowes too! Going to Camberwell, so its ridiculously far away but hopefully we'll make it a good year
    hey hey i'm going to camberwell from emily bowes as well, i'm relieved i'm not the only one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbzIbrahim)
    Hi, you either call UNITE and/or Student finance, I haven't recieved that kind of email, but I'm assuming that I too will need to pay by the 1st of September considering that I will be moving into Emily Bowes aswell.
    Hi,

Yeah i think that those are going to be my best options really, its silly that they have put the date for payment so early. Have you found out which room you are in yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polyomino)
    hey hey i'm going to camberwell from emily bowes as well, i'm relieved i'm not the only one!
    Heyy, finally someone else! What are you gonna be studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alix_)
    Heyy, finally someone else! What are you gonna be studying?
    haha, BA graphic design, how about you?
    i'm Rowan by the way

ReputationRep:
    i'm gonna be in emily bowes from camberwell, studing photog too!!!

ReputationRep:
    guys,i will move in emily bowes court on Jul 25th.

anyone still stay in emily this summer vacation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polyomino)
    haha, BA graphic design, how about you?
    i'm Rowan by the way
    Hey Rowan, I'm Alix. And BA Photography for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britishboyfriend)
    i'm gonna be in emily bowes from camberwell, studing photog too!!!
    Heyy me too! I'm so glad there are others!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 27, 2013
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.